Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Conjunctivitis and Chili

Hello there!
Things have been busy around here since I received the lovely call  on Thursday that Lady Genevieve had conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye.
Dang!
I was peeved.
Then I dropped to my knees and thanked the Lord Jesus that it wasn't lice.
I have gone my entire life without a brush with those horrible little critters and I don't intend to start now.
The thing about pink eye is that it's contagious as can be.
You would think I would know all there is to know about this dreaded condition from my years of hanging with the elementary set.
Alas, no.
The extent of my knowledge was writing a note to the nurse and saying to a weepy 6 year old, "I better not see the whites of your eyes for at least 2 days.  That's right, those eyes better be white and not pink.  See ya."
Now I'm joking.  
But I really didn't know much.  



Now I'm on the opposite end of that phone call.
Not cool.
You mean my kid is not sick at all but I have to miss work?
Awesome.


No one mentioned that getting those drops to go into her tightly clenched eye sockets would be nearly impossible.
On Friday I slept in and decided to make the best of a day with my non-sick child.

We started with a kitty pow wow.


Then we went to Nordstrom to try on shoes, because for Lord's sakes what else could we do?

We made sure to pink eye up all of those communal crayons.


I was careful.  There was a lot of hand sanitizer involved.
We had lunch at Napolese.


We spent the rest of the afternoon trying to infect my parents' giant cat, Finn, with pink eye.


On Saturday morning we had to bundle up to go out on the porch.  It was like 45 degrees.
Hello, Fall!


We had plans to attend a chili cook-off at our friends' house.  I made the mistake of referring to this event as a "party."  Immediately my little cake monger starting saying, "birthday cake?  birthday cake?"
Um, no.
I highly doubt they will have cake.  I stopped at Kroger to get G her very own "birthday cake."  
I will not stifle this.
The addiction is real.
I get it.


She engaged in some rigorous swinging.
Charlotte was all too willing to push.



Trinity and Uncle Robby were seriously engaged in tasting all of the chili.  It was a perfect fall day.  


No comments: