Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Frozen, Drag Racing, and Labor Day

I took my best ladies to see Frozen on Ice last weekend as an early birthday gift for G.  Camille and Marinda were smart enough to bring a goody bag, as G had moments where she just couldn't hang.  



Like here


Our down the hall teacher/sister duo was sitting behind us.  Crazy!  Kandice teaches 2nd grade and Katrina has the kinders.  Katrina and Kandice were there with their niece, who was way better behaved than my little nugget.  


G may have thrown herself on the floor several times at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.  As I was trying to drag her up off the floor, a lovely woman passed by and gave a snide remark, "wow, she's beautiful like Shirley Temple, but check out that attitude."
Check out my fist to your neck, lady.  
People are fools.  


Sunday brought drag racing.
Yes, you read that correctly.  Trinity "scored" some seats and tickets to some VIP tents for the HRA nationals.  I believe that stands for Hot Rod Association.  Not exactly my speed.  You're welcome for that glorious pun.  



It was hot and loud.  


Back at the hospitality tent I discovered that my arms and legs were covered with little black smears.  You can't see them in the picture, but I required a shower and scrub so vigorous that I might as well have walked through Mike's Car Wash.
T told me they were bits of tire.
This was my reaction.
I always sit in half lotus too, just so you know.  
I took off my shoes to fit in better.  


The highlight was this cookie.


On Monday Robby and Meghan hosted a cookout for the regular crew.  


Mom and Allison were engaged in a lively conversation about the British royals.  They do love that Duchess Kate.




Jamie brought Georgia, now a month old.
Charlotte brought the flexibility of Gumby.





We also cheered Jane, who turned 66 on the 10th.  




I leave you with a picture of our normal daily routine.  Trinity is in charge of socks and shoes.  As you can see, he is quite focused.
It was a great weekend!

No comments: