My dear friends from across the globe visited Indy!
Melissa and Alexander are childhood pals who would come and visit their grandparents in TH each summer. Their parents are Hautians and their momma is one of YaYa's besties.
Miss lives in Singapore and Alexander is in Hong Kong. I had not seen them in eons.
Melissa entertained us at dinner with her grade school crafting skills.
I only post this picture ( she may kill me) because she is one of my most loyal readers and rarely makes an appearance due to distance!
I think she still looks lovely!
This one is better. This is proof that teaching firsties and then dining out that night don't mix.
I look like I'm hung over.
Hung over from educating and enlightening children all day!
I was actually trusted to babysit Alexander and his younger brother Trevor. Mind you, Alexander is 32 and I'm 36. So my prime babysitting days for him involved a very responsible 12 year old and a precocious 8 year old. Our mothers' judgement might be called into question here. Alas, everyone survived. I have always been an old soul. At 12 I was really 45. Now I'm about 70 at heart.
We dined with cousin Molly and her precious Louise. I was invited to this family affair. I do love this crew.
My little crew engaged in some face painting this week. This was not face paint but I figured it would come off fairly easily.
Not so. 3 days later I was still picking that shellac off of G's face.
We rode the Polar Bear Express on Sunday evening.
I love the ticket man here.
He was emphatic that he was not "the conductor!" That job is very prestigious in Polar Bear Express land.
The dueling cousins sparred most of the trip!
Good times.
G has a serious case of peanut butter and jealous regarding Cousin Caroline. She thinks YaYa and Bob only belong to her. My futile attempts to explain that Caroline had them first and they can share have been met with shrieks and screams.
This too shall pass!





No comments:
Post a Comment