Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May Fun!

We started Mother's Day weekend with a fancy soiree at G's preschool.  She made fancy crowns for both me and YaYa.



She also filled out questionnaires about why she loved us and other such information. We were delighted to know that she likes when"YaYa buys things for me!" and "My mother is really good at napping."  
For Mother's Day on Sunday my darling family took me to Punch Bowl Social downtown for brunch.
Those kind people gave me the chance to bowl a strike for free brunch!
I almost nailed it, but left one pin standing!

 Trinity bellied up to the Bloody Mary bar.
I had to forgo my free mimosa.



Our kind waitress let G think she was really paying for our breakfast with her Princess credit card.


We followed up our brunch with a walk through the gardens at my happy place, the IMA.



I knew it was my special day when both of my peeps were willing to take me to this vintage/antique store in Broad Ripple that I had been wanting to visit.
The Stems flower truck was parked outside too, so I got some beautiful flowers!



We finished our day with a stop at Nicey Treat for popsicles!


The following weekend was all about the royal wedding.
I woke up around 6:45 on Saturday and T served us coffee and milk in bed as G and I watched every second of the arrival and ceremony.
I thought the American minister's sermon was a smidge long, but I could not get enough of that gospel choir singing "Stand by Me."  So good!
That afternoon we went to Allison's house for her Royal Viewing party.
G opted to stay home with her favorite babysitter, but I got some kid squeezing in while I was there.
Georgia kills me.
I just adore her.

Tiny was their with her newborn son, Van.
He was squishy and cute and reminded me of how terrified I am to soon have my own newborn again.



Pancake was there with Li'l P.
Phoebe is going into 2nd grade and is smaller than G.  This makes me laugh a lot.


Allison's Aunt Pam was there sampling the fabulous food.
The Lorenz women know how to cook.


The Queen and Prince Phillip attended.


Allison and Steve had their yard looking pristine and their Trillium camper was set up to make everyone all jealous.



These masks had us all giggling.


G has her class picnic at a local park and splash pad.  Her darling teacher gave out some awards.  Some of those included "Best Reader"  and "Class Mathematician."  My child was awarded the "Firecracker Award" for having the most energy and spunk!
That's teacher talk for let's give an award to the kid who never stops talking.  She's just so "energetic" and "full of life."  
Ha!
I can read between the lines.
My daughter, however, cannot.
She was tickled!
She strutted down that little piece of red paper like she was on top of the world.




Or like she had just won the bikini contest for MTV spring break in Panama City.  Either one.  

My last day on Friday ended with a trip to Strawberries on the Square in Franklin.  I just adore that little town.  





Emily and Marinda came too and we ate lots of ice cream and strawberries.
Let the summer commence!

No comments: