Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Summer So Far

During our first full week of summer we had our 20 week anatomy scan.  We brought G with us, as I thought she would be fascinated.  She was totally into it for the first 5 minutes of the 45 minute ultrasound appointment.  The rest of the time she whined and told the ultrasound lady she was bored.  I fear this may be her outlook on her new sister in general.
Sister is perfect and we could not be happier!  We are still pondering a name, and I'm finding Genevieve is a tough act to follow, in more ways than one.  

G was excited to show off her pictures, once she found out the ladies at the front desk dispensed stickers for good little siblings!


We dropped about $50 in about an hour at our church festival.  Nothing says "summer" like slightly questionable carnival rides.  Genevieve and her friend Elena had a ball.  


We had a beautiful pool playdate with our 2nd place state track meet finishers, Ali and Lexi.  They represented 1/2 of the relay team that took second place.  These girls are fast and they are only freshmen!  

G and Lydia supported them by eating cake.

G and I just finished two weeks of summer school.  I taught incoming first graders daily from 7:30-12:30. My amazing school administrators allowed me to bring my child to school, even though she will just start Kindergarten in the fall.  She was in bestie Marinda's class and was reunited with her long lost pal, Lun Gel! 



They shared many an adventure together the year before last during G's first year of preschool.  They were perfect playmates because Lun Gel did not speak a word of English, and was all too willing to follow the lead of my very bossy and verbal daughter.  I was relieved that even after Lun Gel acquired more advanced language skills this year in kindergarten, she still liked hanging with G!

We have continued with violin lessons in Broad Ripple and popsicle dates to Nicey Treat.


I turned 39 on the 13th.  
I looked pregnant and tired.


I waited last minute to order my own dang cake and they were no longer taking orders.  The cake we got from Whole Foods was terrible.  Like worse cake ever.  
Boo hiss.  I've ordered a cake for Father's Day, which is really a do over for me.  
Our tiny dancer took to the stage for her 3rd year of reciting.
YaYa came backstage for some pre-show prepping.
Aunt Katie was responsible for hair and makeup.  She used a curling iron on my baby's hair and about a can of hairspray.  That volume lasted until about an hour after the show.  I still sometimes doubt how she can be mine with the smooth and fine texture of her hair.  



Then she makes a face like this and I quickly recall that she is totally my clone.


She danced as a little fish with Ariel for her tap dance, and then gracefully leaped around the stage as a bunny with Bambi.


Caroline and Katie saved the day with their pageantry skills. 

YaYa and Bob supported our little lady.
Dad had cataract surgery and no longer wears glasses.  He has worn glasses his entire life and I'm struggling with this new look.
If he shaves his mustache, game over.
I won't even know he's my dad.



She did great and has asked for another year of dance.  Trinity has agreed to continue as Dance Dad, while I keep up with violin.  




No comments: