Sweet T and I headed to visit my crazy family for a couple of days, including New Year's Eve. We stayed Wednesday night and Thursday night, and both days were filled with lots of fun.
We celebrated Caroline's 3rd birthday two days late with some fun Target purchases. She got a sassy new dress and some fun wooden blocks. This photo was taken mere seconds after I threatened not to give her a gift if she didn't take that baby papi out of her mouth. I am learning more that my threats are worthless concerning Caroline. Her will is strong and her resolve amazing. Her negotiation skills are Churchhill-esque.
Oh, look, we just made up. No wait, I folded like a cheap stadium seat. Foiled again by the Tennessee Tyrant!
Here she strategizes about her home construction. Please note her position. She sits with her true love while Aunt Bee is solo.
Our day got busier and busier. Since my wits were no match, I decided I would defeat this child with my physical prowess, and exhaust her into a nap. Guess who else is no match for this child? That's right, Jillian Michaels. She did the ENTIRE video. The superman move was not a challenge. Her query: "What's next, Bee?"
"Sumo squats, Caroline." Again, no sign of fatigue. She is not of this earth, I tell you.
No sign of fatigue until she is coaxed into watching Strawberry Shortcake with Sweet T. Suddenly, she is very tired!
NYE started out tamely, with Caroline and Luke stacking cups like crazy children.
We also got to meet Lee Perry, child spawn of Sweet T's BFF, Craig. This baby was precious, and very easy going. He also is an exact replica of his father. Evidence pictured below:
See? Here is his daddy looking shocked as Sweet T loads a shot with pure grain alcohol. All 34 year old men do this, right?
Then one adds fire. Brilliance, I say! Baby Perry had been removed from the scene before these shenanigans started. These two fools were involved in making Flaming Doctor Pepper shots, a shot of Disarronno, a smidge of pure grain alcohol for very safe flammability, and then a small glass of beer to drop it in. I'm sure everyone is going to try to make these now.
I didn't take one of these, but I did eat about 1/2 of that pan of brownies pictured above. Jillian would have screamed in my face. Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:
O'Bets! I can't tell you how much I love reading your blog. I miss you so much!
Post a Comment