Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Adventures with G

Miss Genevieve looked sassy and most displeased on Wednesday morning when I awoke her for daycare.  Courtney called her Soupy Sales, and is now referring to her as Soupy, due to her downtrodden little mouth in this photo.


On Thursday I suited up my gal in straight up cheetah print and packed everything she owned.  


My mother came to get her for the weekend.
On Thursday.
That's right, 3 nights of baby free livin'.
Some of you may be horrified that I could be separated from my darling girl for that long, when she will only be 5 months on Thursday.
Well, go ahead and be horrified.
I loved it.
G loved it.
Trinity loved it.
YaYa and Bob loved it.

Mom made the drive with her dear friend Nancy.


Nancy wrangled the baby during lunch at Panera.


Then it was Mom's turn.  Between the two of them, they probably finished half a bowl of soup.
Genevieve likes to be in on the action these days.

They immediately went to Leslie's house, where Genevieve threatened to make a break for it back to Indy in Louise's car.

She lacks insurance and a license, so she didn't make it out of the living room.

G played with Leslie's grandson Jackson.

There was lots of laughing, which looks a lot like grimacing.


Nana was on full baby patrol.



Gari came for a baby squeeze.


Mom sent me this one and I nearly drove to get her right then and there because of this precious face.  


She enjoyed time with Alice.

G sleeps from about 7p.m.-6:30 a.m. without waking up.  I can't complain.
So over the weekend I just enjoyed the fact that she couldn't wake up.  Or if she did, she was 75 miles west and my mom could feed her.
Sweet liberation!!!


Now what do two 30 something parents do sans baby for a long weekend?
They par-tay.

Until about 8:00 after they have dinner.
We Mexicaned it up on Friday night.
The waitress brought me a margarita that could have choked a horse.
I told Trinity that since I became a mother I wasn't really interested in drinking anything much.
His response-
"Except Riesling in the bathtub."

Look away, you smug scoundrel!


Speaking of bathing, I make no bones about my love of the tub.
I do enjoy my vino as I soak.
This may or may not be a drowning hazard, but I assure you I have only one glass.

During my baby free time I went to yoga, and to the mall, where I  browsed for my baby face, bought myself a new outfit and spent some time in Lush.

If you've never been in a Lush store before, it is a real treat.  They feature all natural body products, but it can be confusing.  There are lots of bowls of creams with fruits on ice and other such nonsense.
Brother Robby claims that upon his first visit he tried to order a smoothie.
Alas, he left with some au naturale pomade.
I love that Robby says pomade.

Anywhoo, I was immediately drawn to this glittery goodness-


I thought it was soap.
It was a bath bomb.
It cost $7 and I asked the girl how many times I could use it.
"Once," she replied.
Exsqueeze me?
"It foams and is so luxurious and you'll feel like a queen!"
Well, burlesque lady with your fair skin and exotic tattoos, then I shall buy it!
So now I come to the point of this whole story.  I had the most perfect night ever last night.
T and I met Robeghan at H2O for my favorite sushi.
Then I headed home for vino, glitter bathing and Downton Abbey.
Robby had season 3 on DVD because he apparently contributes more to public television than I do.  I think I got a Downton Abbey mug for my contribution.

After my glitter bath, Downton Abbey viewing, and baby free slumbering,  I awoke this morning feeling like a real aristocrat.  
When I entered my bathroom I discovered that my bathtub looked as though either a leprechaun died in it or a herd of CareBears bonded together to shine light from their bellies and instead exploded.
I hope that was descriptive enough.
I had to get out the bleach and scrub off the gold shimmer that was ever so pretty.
I definitely felt more like Ms. O'Brien than Mary Crawley after that.

We met Mom and Dad this morning to regain custody of our girl.

We loved having a little vacation at home without her, but were equally thrilled to get her back!


No comments: