Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Our Week


Life has been boring around here, so I don't have much to share.  YaYa came for the week and she had a big time with Genevieve.  It is wonderful to have my mother around, as it was when Abby came.  They cook.  That is divine.  They have their specialties, and Trinity loved it.  Mom makes swiss steak and Abby makes ketchup chicken, which sounds gross but is delicious.  
Anyway, YaYa and Genevieve had their daily outings to Starbucks.
She loves it.

G doesn't have a signature order yet, but I'm thinking she'll be slurping organic milk pretty soon.

G went to school on Friday, where she is concentrating her studies in dormitory science.

I hated to pick up my little slumbering muffin, but she fell asleep on the way home.
I'm the fabulous mother who leaves her child asleep in her car seat whilst wearing a hat and coat so she sweats to the high heavens once I bring her inside.
Never wake a sleeping baby, I say.

In random thoughts, I regret that I was that idiot pregnant first time mother who bought clothes for her unborn child.
Age is not equal to size.
Hence my baby who will be 5 months in 2 weeks wears 9 month clothing.
I didn't predict that nonsense.
The darling outfit I bought her in Nashville during Meg's bachelorette weekend is fitting like a charm.


Oh crap.
That darling little tank and diaper cover duo looks smashing in January.
Damn!


We were forced to have a spring fashion show indoors and G worked the runway, or rather the chevron sheet.


I'm really hoping this little number below works for our family vacation to Rosemary Beach in July.  


It's still quite roomy.
It should be.
It's 12 months.
Good grief.


I was thinking about how I will take pictures of Genevieve for 5 months very soon.  I was also laughing as my ever so vivid imagination ran away with me.  I was thinking how grateful I am that the little tradition of dolling one's infant up in a onesie with the month decal dies after one year.

I can just picture myself in one of those amazing 1991 Victoria's Secret bodysuits with a mock neck and snapped crotch with  "33 years" taped to my chest, sitting in a recliner.
It isn't a pretty mental image.

I'll leave you with that chuckle.

No comments: