Sweet T ran his first Indianapolis 500 Mini marathon this morning.
He was ready to roll in wave 2.
And he's off!
The best babysitter in the world arrived at 6:30 a.m. so we could leave by 7.
Ashleigh and Genevieve got along famously, as usual.
We celebrated Trinity's 2 hr 1 min finish with Robeghan at Bakersfield Taco. The day was beautiful and the guacamole was flowing.
We finally christened the mint julep cups that Abby and Papi got us for Christmas years ago.
I dressed for the occasion.
That's the fascinator I originally wore to Churchill Downs to watch the ponies for my Bachelorette weekend.
I stuck with my pajamas, but added some open toed heels.
Our juleps were great.
The recipe called for 4 oz of bourbon in EACH julep.
I had 1 oz in mine and gave up early since the simple syrup was so sweet, even for me.
Genevieve put on matching hot pink heels and added a giant bow.
She demanded a drink in a grown up cup.
I filled a small glass with crushed ice, water and a sprig of mint. 5 minutes later, it was all over my couch.
Sometimes I'm amazed by my own stupidity.
Abby and Papi headed back to Lexington to a Derby party with their former neighbors.
Abby and her friend Susan had a big time.
It seems their Derby experience was a bit more fancy than ours.










No comments:
Post a Comment