Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Rookie Mom Move and a First Communion


I pulled the ultimate rookie mom move on Saturday.  I took my 2 1/2 year old to the movie theatre.  My dear friend, Sarah, mother of 4, tried to talk me out of it. 
"She's too young."
I have selective hearing.
Now I must say I really just wanted her to see Frozen Fever, the 10 minute movie that was showing before Cinderella, which was like an hour and 45 minutes long.  I had hopes that we could make it through some of Cinderella, since I wanted to see it.
When we arrived at 10:15 the theatre was empty.
I headed to the final row up against the wall so they could be no chair rocking.
I had an arsenal of snacks, (snuck in the theatre in honor of my Nanny, who refused to ever pay those prices!)
G wore her Elsa dress and pearls.
Yes, pearls.  

Taking in her surroundings.


Getting comfy with snacks and Minnie.



Right as the Frozen Fever started, 4 people came in.
Damn the luck!  
I thought we were home free.
She sat perfectly still for that 10 minute darling film.
Then Cinderella started.
The antics started with standing.  Then running to the end of our row and back.  Then before I knew it she was running hot laps down the stairs in front of the screen and back up the stairs on the other side.
And Scene.
I snagged our stuff and we were out of there.  Best 20 minutes of mother-daughter bonding time ever.
Sarah was so right.  

Next on our agenda was Charlotte's 1st Communion soiree.
I still have fond memories of mine, so I knew this was a big day for her.
G knew there was cake. 



She danced in honor of our new communion recipient.  



Then she ate every bite of that cake.  
It was pink ombre with a floral pattern down the side.
Way to rock the Pinterest trend, Jamie.
It was so pretty and delicious.  



Wednesday evening YaYa rolled into town for a midweek sleepover.
G directed YaYa to write lots of names.  


On Thursday YaYa took care of my weeds with a little help from Lady Genevieve.  


They ended their visit on Thursday evening with a little coloring.
YaYa hit 465 around 6 p.m. and made it home in a jiffy.  


Trinity runs the big Mini Marathon this weekend, so updates on that soon. 

No comments: