Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Caroline Visits

Caroline's Spring Break overlapped with mine, so we got her on Sunday for a two night adventure at our casa.  We went straight to the 100 Acres at the IMA on Sunday afternoon.  I thought it was going to be warmer than it was.  The girls did some swinging.  


There was bone climbing and heavy lifting.  



We ate an early dinner at Bakersfield and had chips and guacamole with our tacos.  


Here they agreed to try the guacamole.  Caroline was not a fan so G spit it out immediately to be cool.
She eats avocados every day of her life, but whatevs.  


Bath time was much more educational with Caroline.  I'm usually trying to coax Genevieve out of the tub with the timer on my phone as she slips out of my hands.  


On Monday we opened up the Monkey Joe's.  That place is so much better when I don't have to chase G or climb anything.  I perused Instagram and told myself no one could possibly snatch two children at the same time.  


We followed up that craziness with another failed attempt to see the Easter Bunny.  Genevieve is not having it this year.  I am sad.  She did run around Von Maur for a while.  


On Monday evening I impressed Caroline with my cooking skills.  We had fish sticks, macaroni and cheese and broccoli.  I apparently make these food stuffs better than her mother.  

On Tuesday Sister Katie drove to meet us in Bloomington.  We immediately rendezvoused at The Trojan Horse.  This restaurant was a common dinner spot when Jane and Bob came down to visit.  Many a Delta Gamma ate with the Hunts here!  



The girls had pitza, made with pita bread.  Oh, so clever.  


After our meal we walked to Wonderlab.  It has evolved, people.  Now this little gem was founded by my elementary education physics professor.  Don't be impressed.  I said elementary education physics.  I wasn't doing the real college level physics.  I struggled enough with making a damn mobile and solving problems that started with, "If you are 5'6" tall and you want to hang a 4 foot long mirror so that you can see the top of your head when it is hanging on a 10 foot wall, at what height must you hang the mirror?"
Uh, I don't.  I've got 5 more inches of Betsy to see in that mirror and I will call my brother.  He can measure and hang anything.
That class was one of the 3 times I have had a panic attack in my life.  I studied for the tests all semester and got As.  For finals, I decided I did not need to study since I had gotten As all along.  
Wrong-o.
I remember sitting down for that final and not remembering how to do anything.  Like nothing. Nada. Zilch.  I kept looking for a problem that I knew how to do but there was not one.  Plus, I had to show my work.  I remember not being able to catch my breath and sweating like crazy. I was able to calm myself down enough to pull out like a D or D- on that final.  I ended up with a C   for my course grade, which was I believe the only C I ever received in my life.
So back to why this story is relevant.  The professor made it a course requirement that you had to "volunteer" a certain number of hours at her Wonderlab.  You could not pass the class without doing your required hours.  So it was blackmail.  Or indentured servitude or something.  It was awful.  At 20 the last thing I wanted to do was wear a smock and man the water table with pint sized townies, or Cutters as we called them.
Just kidding.  No one called Bloomington natives "Cutters."  That was just in the movie.
Ah, Dennis Quaid when he gets that head injury.
I digress.
It was hysterical for Katie and I to be there with our daughters, 16+  years after we were tortured.  She did it too, as she also has an Elementary Education degree.  It has come in handy with her McDonald's ownership.  



This weird bird lovin' man gave a presentation that we paid $2 to see.  That's a pigeon G is petting.  
We departed due to boredom right before he fed a frozen mouse to a falcon.  




We wrapped up our visit with ice cream at The Chocolate Moose, a Bloomington institution.  




Good times!
We had 2 nights with Caroline and no one had a busted lip at the end.  Just kidding.
Since they are both only children they pick at each other like siblings rather than cousins.  
Genevieve can be very annoying.
Very annoying.  

No comments: