Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Spring Break in Wisconsin!!!!

Spring Break in Wisconsin?
Say what?
Don't you know?  That's where all of the cool people go!
The 3 Hunt women traveled to the cheese state wearing our Nanook of the North attire.  4th Lady Hunt (Meg) could not attend due to work obligations.  Boo hiss.
Since my work involves long vacations, Mother does not work, and Katie can sometimes run her cheeseburger empire remotely, we were all able to travel.    I convinced them to go to The American Club with me, where T took me last year on Spring Break.
See the canopy?

When your packing list includes down vests and double layered yoga tops, you know you aren't going to get tan.
We stopped at Oak Brook to shop on the way up and ate at Seasons 52.  Mother and Sister are now gluten free eaters, which is a real pain in the a** to me.
Probably not as inconvenient for me as it is for them.
Mother has Celiac disease and Katie is gluten intolerant.  I had a blood test and my results encouraged me to continue to rage on wheat products.  
Don't mind if I do!
I had a salad so I fit in with the crowd but then was able to eat the bread basket without competition.  
We arrived in Kohler and checked in to our two adjoining rooms.

I was already the butt of many jokes from those pampered ladies before we even got to the room.  I'm accustomed to traveling with my husband, who is far more frugal than I.  He has trained me well, as I layered bag upon bag on my back like a sherpa so we didn't have to tip a bellman. 
My dear mother nearly lost it.
"Good Lord, Betsy, I'm 66 years old.  I'm not schlepping my own damn bag!"  Cue the bellman.  

Everything there is made by the Kohler company.  Except the beds.
They don't make beds. 
Neither do I!  
Now that was a good one.
I really don't make my bed, like ever.  


Here's a giant tub.
In case you want to be all judgy, I always use hotel bathtubs.  It hasn't killed me yet and I have no communicable diseases.
That I know of. 


After a heavenly night of sleep, I took the shuttle over to Yoga on the Lake for an 8:00 yoga class.
They met me for breakfast after.  
Katie again chided me for wearing my tank top at breakfast.
I assured her that I was hot after DOING YOGA.
Plus, I like my arms. 


We flushed toilets at the design center again.

I did dumb stuff just like I did last year.  I think I'm even wearing the same outfit.  That towel was glued to the vanity!  Glued!  Because if I'm going to steal something it's going to be a washcloth and not a $3000 farmhouse sink with a $1200 matte brass faucet.  

Next up we took to the waters of Kohler.
Katie was getting her scalp treatment (she had lice) while we ate yet another salad.
I'm kidding!
I did not eat salad.
No, I did.  I'm kidding about Katie and lice.  She got her head rubbed down with lots of Moroccanoil.


We did a lot of hot tubbing, magazine reading and other such nonsense.  Mother had a facial and all 3 of us had a hydrotherapy treatment.  Hydrotherapy is a nice way of saying, "We are going to charge you $110 + gratuity to take a bath."
Rub a dub dub
3 Giantesses in a tub  



We were actually in different tubs in different rooms.
Otherwise that would have been weird.
Katie wouldn't allow me to take off my swimsuit and get in the hot tub in the ladies lounge.  I really thought it would be funny to make other people uncomfortable.  
Mostly my older sister.





No comments: