Saturday was a very busy day. We spent Friday night with Patsy and Eddie in Kentucky. On Saturday morning we drove to Burns, Tennessee to celebrate Nevelin's 90th birthday. Nevelin was married to Trinity's Grandmother's brother. Does that make sense?
I do love any type of family event in Tennessee. Everyone is super friendly and all of the tea is sweet.
Genevieve cozied up to the birthday girl.
Nevelin loves strawberries. She had the best strawberry buttercream cake. I ate 3 pieces.
The party was at a fabulously cool venue called Old Stone Mill. It was rustic and fun. They served all kinds of bottled sodas that I had never tried. Sun Drop, Ski, and Ne Hi grape and orange sugary beverages were a flowin'.
They also had a guitarist singing Elvis songs.
That face of mine confirms my love of Elvis and orange Ne Hi.
I look like I'm in a Mentos commercial, only this one would be for Ne Hi orange soda pop.
We ventured outside. The weather was stunning.
75 degrees and sunny!
The food was set up under a Covered Wagon. This was just another time I could chuckle over my 3rd Grade Oregon Trail escapades.
I managed to avoid losing two oxen in the river and instead got a lot of biscuits!
Here's our silly crew.
They had peacocks!
Genevieve was mesmerized and so was I.
I forced my peeps into the 12 South area of Nashville. T and I have some great memories from Nashville. He proposed to me in The Music City. I just adore that city. Patsy and I spent some time in Draper James. Reese was not there, but the darling salesgirl offered us sweet tea as soon as we walked in. I found a dress on sale. It was a fabulous shopping experience.
Patsy took her first non blurry picture ever!
This happiness was followed up with more happiness.
Sprinkles Cupcakes is next door. Y'all know I will plan a vacation to places based on Sprinkles locations. They are hands down the best cupcakes ever.
Genevieve was completely over it by the time Pat took the picture above. Trinity was wrangling her and she was screaming "Mama" from across the street. My ever patient husband yelled across the street, "Betsy, get over here! Get across this street now!!!!" Our glamour shoot abruptly ended so I could get back to mother duty.
On the way home Genevieve drew this picture of me.
I look like Donald Trump. I have such angry brows. I love it.
I forgot to blog a few pics from when Genevieve stayed with Pat and Eddie over Spring Break.
She visited Miss Kay and Mr. Dave's farm.
She loves the South and so do I!






















No comments:
Post a Comment