Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Li'l Robby

Last Sunday Li'l Robby was baptized!
We had a lovely morning as a family giving the baby some Jesus.
Trinity and I posed with our precious godson.


That's right, now I'm Godmother times two!
The joy of being the middle child means both older sister and younger brother think I'm the bee's knees.  
At least that's what I tell myself.  


Now Genevieve did not handle having her mother on the altar with the priest very well.
Shocking.
Even though I had explained to her that her father and I would be going up front and holding the baby beforehand, hearing it and actually seeing it are apparently two very different animals.
We were introduced at the beginning of mass and she climbed over the back of a pew into YaYa's arms while wailing "Mama!  Mama!" like she was 18 months old.
Embarrassing.
I ignored her and pretended that I didn't know who she was.
Thankfully the priest called the children to go to "tiny church" and she missed the baptism part.
I think we might have had a scene worthy of Sally Field if she had witnessed that!  


This precious babe did not make a peep during the entire mass, even when he was doused with the holy water.  




We ended the celebration with vittles and cake at Robby's house.  

The cake was decorated with Robert Mattew,
a common typo in the baking business.
Except it wasn't typed, it was written in icing.
Mother was thrilled.

No comments: