Spring Break Panama City Beach '97!
MTV and Spinnakers.
Just kidding.
I begged my parents to go to PCB during my senior year of high school for spring break.
I got down there and drank alcohol for the first time in my life. I got toasted and then a bit ill.
Then I sobered up, and realized that having drunk people making out around me and finding sand in my bed at the Holiday Inn wasn't exactly my scene.
My friend Missy and I were rescued by her parents who drove from Gulf Shores to retrieve us after like 2 days.
She was a wuss like me.
Thank the lord.
That officially ended my one and only wild spring break experience.
Until now.
We started with a broken washing machine on Saturday.
G and I took dirty clothes back over to my old house, which is currently between tenants, for some old school laundering.
We stopped at for a cake pop.
She was wearing her spring finery.
When we were in the house I showed her my bedroom and told her how I lived alone and paid all of my own bills and really had a wild and fun life with Kashmir, God rest her soul.
I then shared that I prayed for a kind and smart man to love and that then I met her father.
Her response?
"Well, daddy isn't the smartest man in the world."
What a pill.
I have no idea how she comes up with what she says.
On Sunday we attended tiny church and then went shopping for a most exciting appliance.
Take a picture, momma.
Yes, yes, I will.
Two things that really know how to agitate.
On Monday we rolled south to Owensboro.
It is a 3 hour drive and my kid slept the final 25 minutes.
She asked me today for an iPad.
What the hell?
She spent an hour talking to her Rapunzel doll and playing during the ride. Then she sang and talked to me for the other hour and a half.
I love that she can entertain herself with crayons and toys.
Like a real child.
Hells to the no on that iPad, sister.
Although my girl does love some TV.
I'm not that good.
We had dinner at Mellow Mushroom with Abby and Papi.
There was pizza throwing.
G really knows how to engage in conversation whilst eating bread knots.
Abby had her Easter banner flowing.
Owensboro's weather was beautiful and 76 degrees!
We shopped at KidStop, my all time favorite children's store.
It is just amazing.
G tried this dress, but she didn't say yes to this dress.
She got lots of new bows and some gold sandals.
Abby caved and bought her a doll.
We managed to visit Orange Leaf twice in 24 hours.
As you all know, I'm a cake person.
Froyo ain't my scene.
Abby and G can put it down.
They had their usual coconut and pineapple.
On Tuesday we kissed the grandparents goodbye and drove to Newburgh to see sister.
We visited Nicole and her gals.
Nic is 23 weeks preg and was in no mood for a picture.
Actually, she always hates pictures.
Caroline and Genevieve were fine with my paparazzi skills.
Caroline is 9 months older than G.
My child is gigantic!
Katie took us to a toy store and they had Mrs. Grossman stickers by the roll.
The last time I saw stickers by the roll was when I was a kid.
I had a slight sticker obsession.
I would stand in Kit & Kaboodle at the Keystone mall forever, select each sticker collage carefully, then fold along the perforated line and rip.
I can still hear the sound!
The funny thing was, I just hoarded them in a box and looked at them.
I didn't stick them anywhere.
Weird.
The only kid weirder than me was BFF Courtney.
We would sit and trade stickers in her cedar closet.
She would pull out stale Easter or Halloween candy for us to eat, depending on the time of year.
It was opposite of the time of year you would think.
If it was the fall/winter we would be eating old chalky chocolate bunnies.
Spring brought whiffs of hard ass candy corn.
Now I think Court was a bit of a hoarder.
I texted her this picture without any words.
Her quick response?
"Meet me in 10 in the cedar closet."
We both also collected Madame Alexander dolls that were for DISPLAY only.
Don't touch them!
We finished up our visit with a viewing of Caroline's softball practice.
This little one found a mitt in the dugout and practiced her catching skills.
God help me if she actually wants to play.
More spring fun to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment