We celebrated Robby's birthday with a Where the Wild Things Are themed party.
My brother bought a tap for the keg that was shaped like a Wild Thing.
That's right, a keg at a one year old's party.
This event was orchestrated by my brother.
He is a social person.
He enjoys a theme.
He was highly disappointed when the tap didn't actually fit on the keg.
He rallied though and handed gold glitter crowns to all of the guests.
Our precious boy had a Max crown.
He liked the icing!
He did so well at his first party.
He smiled, laughed, and let everyone else do the heavy lifting by carrying him around.
Last Saturday we braved the mall so Jane could get her beloved Santa picture.
Robby had a total meltdown and my mother was running in circles behind the camera guy screaming, "Just take it! Take the picture!!! Quickly...Now!!!"
I saw one of my oldest friends, J.D.
He is a good 5 inches shorter than me, and we went to our first dance together in 9th grade. The photographer brought out a ladder for me to sit on and he stood behind me.
We were teased like you wouldn't believe over that picture. It was hysterical.
We were fairly confident 14 year olds and just rolled with it.
24 years later and we decided to recreate it for giggles.
On Sunday we took Genevieve to see the Winterlights display at the IMA.
It was so pretty and fun.
We started at 5, and G brought a stuffed flamingo.
I brought a stroller mostly because I thought she would be cold and cranky.
I bundled her up and laughed at how big she looked in that thing.
They had spiked hot chocolate (Peppermint Schnapps) and hot apple cider (Bulleit bourbon). Trinity raved over it and said he really did not understand how he had been drinking cider for so long without bourbon.
It was so charming and they had the Lilly house all decorated.
G toured it without drama. I tried to take her in about 2 summers ago and she got too handsy and the docent asked us to leave.
I was super proud that day.
We are ready for Thanksgiving and then the Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment