Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Thanksgiving and a 40th Birthday (Not Mine)

We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with Trinity's parents and Aunt Shirley.  We dined in French Lick at the resort there.  
G wore her turkey dress, given to her by Aunt Shirley.


The weather in Owensboro was beautiful, but cold.  G bundled up to walk with Abby, and that lasted about 5 minutes.  


We had a good time napping, eating, and putzing outside in the sunshine.  

Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo...


Her father was there to answer her call-





Pat's tree was decorated in all of its glory.
This year's theme is "Boxes of possibilities."  Her tree was festooned with pretty wrapped packages that she was quick to tell me were empty.
She knows how I operate.


We scurried back to Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon in time to celebrate my bestie Marinda.
She had the audacity to be born at the busiest time of the year.
I mean the nerve of that girl:)
Her husband and I were in cahoots and planned a small birthday soiree  at The Lemon Bar in Zionsville.  Mark and I decided to pretend Marinda was in 5th grade and made it a GIRLS ONLY party.  Not even Mark was in attendance.  

We are all Southern ladies (Southern Indianapolis, that is), so we met at my house and took two cars to the land in the North. 
Dani gave Marinda some sunglasses for the ride.


We were glad we were in two cars when we drove right downtown into the mayhem of the Zionsville Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting ceremony.  
Again, thanks for the convenient birthday, Marinda.  
We parked after dodging many a suburban family member.
We attempted a selfie with all of our girls.  


We were seated in the private room next to the fireplace.  As with all of The Flying Cupcake locations, the decor was shabby chic.  Or as I like to term it, someone needs to spackle and paint the walls.  
Queen Marinda borrowed a golden sparkly crown from one of the bucks behind her.  



We were thrilled that our friend Karen was strategically placed in front of the other deer.
She appears to have sprouted antlers out of her head.
Dear sweet Karen.
See what I did there?


Mark ordered his beautiful bride a special strawberry shortcake to commemorate her 40th year.  

Little known fact about my bestie Marinda:
She's been married longer than I've been able to drink.
Mark and Mindy were married when she was 19.
Mindy was once Marinda's nickname, not the name of another woman that Mark married.
You following me?
Those two toddlers clearly knew what they were doing because they are still happily married and in love.


I do love my sweet Marinda and we had such a fun evening.
Just for sh*ts and giggles, here we are on the equally inconvenient date of her 30th birthday.


We were wearing matching plastic best friend necklaces from the Strawberry Shortcake cake from Mark.  Strawberry Shortcake is not typically a proper noun that I might capitalize (see reference in earlier picture) but I did here because it was the actual cartoon character from the 80s that Marinda loved when she was a kid.
10 years later we are still toasting to her fabulousness!  

Love you, Grover!

No comments: