Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 10, 2018

Kindergarten!

I've clearly lost a lot of steam when it comes to writing on this little old piece of the interwebs.  I've lost a lot of steam period!  I'm now almost to 36 weeks and I have some backtracking to do here to try to catch up.

On August 7th, our sweet girl started Kindergarten!
The cute clothes stay in the closet and the uniform is now our daily staple.  I can't say I'm thrilled over that, but it does make getting ready each morning a bit more simple.



As expected, G hit the floor running that morning and not a tear was shed.
By her.
I cried all of the way to school.  
I'm thrilled and proud of her confidence, and her willingness to just push ahead, despite being nervous.
She was greeted by our priest, Father Steve, on the first morning.


She quickly hung up her belongings as #12 in the class, 


and got right to work puzzling.


Roughly one month in, she has not lost her enthusiasm.  Every day is reported to be the "best day ever!"  She loves her specials classes, eating lunch in the cafeteria, and computer time.  She has fully embraced her catholic education, and we have dubbed her our resident Mother Theresa.  She attends mass every Wednesday with her classmates and now knows lots of prayers.  She asks us tons of questions about God and Jesus, and I'm worrying that my once a week Sunday school learning will soon be rendered obsolete in keeping up with my little theologian.  They have religion daily, so she may surpass me soon!
It has been fascinating to watch her soak it all up.  

We participated in what was likely our final swim of the summer with Robby about two weeks ago.  


They continue to just adore each other, while Robby mostly ignores his Aunt Bee or responds effusively with "no" to every request/attempt of communication that I make.  




Sweet T turned 42 on the 28th of August so we celebrated with his parents and Aunt Shirley in Owensboro.  

G continues to sit next to Shirl for extended periods of time to receive "creepy mouse" attention.  Shirl scratched her arms and legs with her fingernails and G practically falls asleep.  Shirl did this with Trinity his whole childhood and he always said Shirley could relax and soothe him so easily.
Shirl time is like taking a xanax only without the fear of addiction! 


Her sister Patsy proves to be quite the opposite.  Abby is as highly energetic as ever.  She flitted around making sure everyone was set with food!  Our social butterfly loves a soiree!


The candles were finally lit, and we sang to our birthday boy.  


On Sunday G got her birthday gifts from Shirley.  



We had a great visit as usual.
September has flown by so far and G's birthday is coming up on the 14th.  
I'm 3 1/2 weeks out from Lady J's birth!
I'm going to try to keep up a bit better.  We'll see if I succeed with that.  I'm usually sleeping, teaching, or peeing these days!

No comments: