We have been partying a lot lately. Last Sunday my dear friends from school hosted a sprinkle to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Miss Josephine Claire.
Unless something radically changes our minds, that is the name we have chosen for our second daughter.
There are Josephines on both sides of my family (my mother's and my father's) and precious Wellie just told me last week her brother's wife in Cuba was named Josefina.
It was simply meant to be!
Susan and Marinda hosted a wonderful event and G and I were twinsies.
I bought these matching tops a few weeks ago in Owensboro, therefore officially becoming someone I would have made fun of just a few short years ago.
Alas, I also just purchased a 2019 Honda Odyssey Minivan in sleek silver, so matching my kid wasn't too far of a leap.
I'm officially embracing "Betsy, mother of 2, and no longer that cool." Not that I needed to have children to ever prove that I wasn't that cool.
Don't worry, my top isn't maternity, I just stretched it all to hell. So that means you'll be seeing it in the future!
The theme was welcoming Llady Llopez, a llama theme, since I do love a llama.
The cake was adorable and G enjoyed opening up presents, even though they weren't for her.
The following week we were ready to party again. G turned 6 on the 14th. That was hard to stomach. I've been very emotional lately about her growing up, and I'm actually relieved to be headed back to the baby stage.
I'm writing that down so I remember I thought that when it's 2 a.m. and I'm miserably attempting to boob feed my newborn.
On Saturday we hosted a sparkly unicorn trampoline party at SkyZone. It is located about 1 mile from our house, and I was not about to host something here.
The birthday girl waited by the door to greet her fellow jumpers.
Charlotte, Liam, and Georgia were the first friends to arrive!
Next to arrive were the two Roberts.
Both in jeans.
I told my brother that he was nuts for coming to a trampoline party wearing jeans and stuffing his baby into straight leg little baby jeans. You all know how I feel about jeans. They aren't exactly conducive to jumping. Or breathing.
G quickly ushered friends over to the bleachers to sock it up.
Caroline arrived with her Tennessee bestie, Audrey Jean.
We got the group together for a quick picture before the jumping commenced.
Robby and Robby started to regret their choice of dungarees.
Unlike moi, my kid is always up for a challenge. She likes to try to fling herself up this wall and to do the obstacle course.
The party package included one hour of jumping and then one hour of party room time.
After one hour, the kids were on the draggin' wagon. We're talking red-faced, sweaty little buggers. SkyZone has crazy rules, so you can't carry in water bottles. I kept telling the children to visit the water fountain until we could get into the party room. Later I discovered Bob was buying Icees from the snack bar for the poor dehydrated children.
Geesh!
That's why these girls had blue lips by the time we got to the party room.
He was also handing out dollar bills for the claw machine.
The party package included pizza. G passed out the unicorn horns that we wore for Robby, Caroline and Katie's birthday extravaganza at the Hibachi Grill last January.
This table included the 6th grade unicorns. If you read Sweet Valley Jr. books, Jessica Wakefield was a member of an ultra exclusive clique that called themselves the unicorns. Just some trivia for you.
Tara's baby Leo was fine with his horn.
The present opening was a highlight for G.
We then moved on to the cake.
It was quite majestic. It was so majestic that although I ordered a sheet cake to serve 30, it easily could have served 50.
After everyone departed, we tortured our child with an obligatory family photo.
I couldn't even get a kiss after paying for the entire event and sweating my tail off even though I was not jumping. Jumping would have resulted in either an accident or a birth.
We plan to lay low now for the next 2 1/2 weeks until Josephine arrives.


No comments:
Post a Comment