Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Christmas on the Farm

That makes me feel like Fern Zuckerman.
The whole Hunt crew attended our first Christmas on the Farm event at Trader's Point Creamery.  I adore that place!  The restaurant is so beautiful and the food is fabulous.  We met up with the Fagins for some holiday crafting.
Charlotte and Georgia started with cookie decorating.
Jamie says Georgia poses like this a lot!



My parents attended to meet their quota of holiday events with the grandchildren!


It was freezing outside and our time started at 9:30.  Jojo enjoyed the festivities from the comfort of her blanket.
G donned her IU tracksuit which enabled her to craft in a quick and efficient fashion.


Even Charlotte and Caroline, our resident preteens, joined in the fun.  I don't think you're ever too old to craft with your hands.  That's why they are called handicrafts.  By handicrafts I mean crafts that you actually make with your hands. Like reindeer antlers at Christmas time, turkey feathers at Thanksgiving, and some stinking adorable potted flowers made with painted handprints for Mother's Day.  Lincoln's beard on Presidents Day.  I could go on and on.  I'm an expert.  You know why?  Because everyone has hands and people love their hands. They are handy. I tell myself parents never tire of them as I make them several times annually in room 94.



"Do you girls need a hand?  Want to make a finger puppet?"
I should move to Palm Beach.  Or Palm Springs.  See what I did there?

G moved on to a frame station.


Then it was time to have her face painted because I indulge her when it's free.  I'm not my sister Katie, so I pass on $15 face paintings that give one a serious rash.  Katie let Caroline get her face painted so often I'm surprised the child still has skin left on her face.


Jojo had a bottle in the barn like she was some kind of baby goat.


The downside of Christmas in the Barn was the lack of seating.  Apparently farmers stand a lot.  The grandparents got tired of standing around really quickly so they shimmied over to The Loft restaurant and got a table for 26 so we could actually eat breakfast.


The baby goat did not dine at the table.

As usual, Genevieve annoyed cousin Caroline.  She's so good at that.  Caroline is getting pretty good at ignoring her.



Mother and Genevieve thought they were hilarious, as usual. 


They took their vaudeville act outside to the barn again after breakfast.  




They came up with these poses on their own.  It was definitely a memorable morning.  

No comments: