Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Break





I left on Wednesday after school to go and see my Sweet T. Sweet T is my precious boyfriend of two years. Unfortunately, he resides in another state, so I only get to see him every other weekend. He is an odd little bird, which makes him perfect for yours truly. We did a lot of lounging, some hiking,lots of napping and better yet, some eating. Sweet T is a grill master. He enjoys the entire process, especially the consumption part. I gave up red meat in high school, and hadn't eaten it at all until about 2 years ago. Coincidence? That's when I met my red meat lovin' man. I discovered that there's little better than a VERY WELL COOKED cheeseburger from the grill. He makes one mean burger. So, now I eat a cheeseburger, only occasionally, and either cooked by this man or my sweet dad. I trust both of these men. Plus, I can watch the whole process, from the purchase of the very lean hamburger to the moment it is placed on the grill. I still have no interest in steak or burgers from restaurants, even one that is very dear to my family's heart, the lovely McDonald's. As I was getting jazzed about the preparation of the burgers, I came out on the back deck to discover this:





He enjoys having his hands free to grill. The light on the deck is also apparently insufficient. The burgers were good, but this miner's lamp was better.

No comments: