Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm considering nostril reduction surgery.



I mean seriously. Have. you. ever? Have you ever seen blow holes this size on a person? I suppose many people have physical features they would like to change and/or improve. I have two major image issues. First, I have Polish thighs. My upper legs are a tad oversized for the rest of me. One year my pal Courtney and I were considering going as the Hilton sisters for Halloween. My very witty father remarked, "Court can pull that off, but Bets, what are you going to do about those Polish legs?" Alas, a strict regimen of Jillian Michaels and regular pilates and yoga classes have tamed them a smidge. I can improve them through diet and exercise.
My other issue can only be tackled through surgery. Many people have undergone rhinoplasty, and altered their looks, think Jennifer Grey. The surgeon usually messes with the cartilage on the bridge of the nose, I know this because I was once a doctor:) To date, I've yet to hear of a nose job that reduces the size of one's nostrils. How would this be achieved? I would recommend that cartilage from my ears might be taken to fill in the gaping holes a bit, but I already have very tiny ears. I don't have any to spare. This may seem merely a cosmetic issue, but I assure you it is the root of psychological and also medical woes. In the 6th grade, my caring father bought me an electric nose hair trimmer because my enormous nasal cavities displayed geriatric style nose hair. I was being called "Grandpa" by my kind peers. I also suffer from chronic sinus infections due to abnormally large receptacles for germs. I know of only one other person who suffers from this injustice. He shares my gene pool and my plight. Brother Rob is pictured at the top.



No comments: