Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Registering

Sweet T and I were in full wedding mode this weekend. We started our wedding registry at many different stores. I found the whole process to be overwhelming. He is 33, and I am 30, and we have both owned homes for about 4 years. We have stuff already. We have like 2 sets of stuff already. We had a discussion about this, and we came to a reasonable conclusion. Our stuff is crappy. Lots of my things are cast offs from either my mother or sister. That stuff is actually nice, but doesn't really seem like mine. The stuff I have bought myself over the years isn't nice. So, we are embracing this once in a lifetime chance for people to buy us nice loot. My husband-to-be got a little trigger happy.
A pepper mill? I've never heard of such a thing! My pepper comes from a little tin like thing that I puncture to open. My salt comes from a navy blue Morton's salt canister, with the girl with the umbrella on the front. Williams-Sonoma has lots of things that are fun! We just got started there, with a few baking items. Some things we refrained from registering for:
* knives that cost about $1200
* sprinkles, cupcake mixes and jelly beans
Sweet T actually didn't have to keep me from registering for food. The lady who was helping us said, "we actually discourage registering for perishable items." Really, lady? I shouldn't register for seasonal cookies? What would I do without a knowledgeable guide like you? I'm not a total idiot. Or maybe I am. I'll just hope someone reads this and buys me lots of cupcake mixes.
We did register for the iconic wedding gift: the KitchenAid chrome mixer! I envision myself whipping up cupcakes, brownies and cakes, then licking those little mixer thingies! It will be wonderful!
Sweet T loves some juice. At Crate and Barrel we played with this juicer, but didn't register for it. I can't see us squeezing oranges. As my niece Caroline would say, "Its sticky, I don't like it."
So we are registered at Williams-Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Macy's, and Pottery Barn. We are official. These are not even near complete, but we have started. Let the gift giving begin!

No comments: