Last night I attended the birthday party of my friend Gabe. I have mentioned him on my blog before, as he was instrumental in saving me from a nearly fatal exposure to the elements when my furnace died in October. His installment of a highly efficient furnace has saved me bookoo bucks over these past frigid months. Anyway, he turned 36 yesterday, and his wife hosted a small, swinging soiree at their lovely home. I had to attend. I used some of the savings from my furnace to buy him a $2.33 card from Hallmark. It was the least I could do.
Gabe is witty and funny. He is like one of the most important guests at my upcoming wedding. His presence is important to me. Like as important as my dad being there:) Why? Gabe likes to party, party. He dances like no one I have ever seen in my life. He does the Tootsie Roll. He can rock the centipede. He is the beacon of light that guides shy, uncertain people to the dance floor. If you can't dance, Gabe will make you feel like you can. I am counting on him to bring the funk, and he won't disappoint. He sent me an email yesterday, with the subject line, "For your eyes only." Silly, Gabe...for my eyes, and those of my 4 or 5 readers!
Subject: For your eyes only!!!
Hi Bets. I know you are coming over for the party but just wanted to let you know something very important. I have been working on some new moves ever since I found out about the wedding. Knowing our chemistry in the dance arts department, be ready for stuff you have never seen before by homo sapiens. It will blow your mind. Thanks for happy bday too! Can't wait to bring back Breaking Two, Electric Bugaloo!
I can't wait! The photo below is of my friend Mel, who was also at the party. She's really pretty.

No comments:
Post a Comment