This past weekend was super busy for us. We went to Chicago on a little one night getaway. Let's start with the really important stuff first, shall we?
This happened-
Ah, my little fluff of love on my chest, reclining as in days gone by.
G is usually attached to me, so Kashmir rarely gets a chance to reclaim her former throne.
I enjoyed this furry embrace for the 6 minutes it lasted.
On Saturday night we met our pals for our annual holiday dinner at The Capitol Grille in the Conrad Hotel downtown.
Jane and Bob were babysitting, so we went a tad early for a beverage.
Washed out face with really bright lipstick?
Check and done!
I didn't get one of our table with Robby and Meghan, Steve and Allison and Tim and Jamie.
Boo.
On Sunday morning we loaded up on the MegaBus for our 2nd adventure trip to Chicago. Last year we went over MLK Jr. weekend, the morning after we found out I was preggers.
That trip was a daze.
We just kept staring at each other and saying, "Oh my God" repeatedly.
This year was slightly different.
I was in constant texting contact with Yaya, baby caretaker extraordinaire.
G went on lots of walks with her grandmother.
She rocks the socks as mittens, you know.
She had a lot of tummy time.
I hate the word tummy.
I also hate the words panties, pantyhose, and fresh.
Just so you know.
I have often thought of explaining to G that it is time for her to exercise her neck and back muscles to hold her head up. Instead several times a day I clap my hands together like a seal and squeal, "It's tummy time!"
Motherhood makes me do things that otherwise would make me cringe.
At least I'm aware.
This message made me laugh.
Look at that reflective pose.
Her head looks so tiny here.
It's not.
Yaya brought the diabetic hound for protection.
She was never two feet away from my child.
Mom referred to her as Nana, the dog from Peter Pan who lives in the nursery with the children.
My picture taking was seriously lacking in the Windy City.
We had tea and macarons at the Peninsula Hotel. Those light and airy treats just make my heart go pitter pat.
Here is a super dark sushi shot. Heaven forbid I disturb the other patrons with a flash.
One of our rolls had raspberries on the top.
They were divine.
I may have made it to Sprinkles twice during our overnight stay.
Once I used the cupcake ATM. I wish all ATMs dispensed cupcakes. I like cupcakes more than money, you see.
My mom sent possibly the best picture text ever.
Sister Katie and niece Caroline made the front page of their local Tennessee newspaper for participating in the Reindeer Run. Caroline is the one farthest on the left, in a white shirt. Katie is directly behind her in a black shirt with a matching headband.
You can only see half of Kate's face because her head is down. Pointing her face towards the ground makes her whole body more aerodynamic, thus increasing her speed.
Either that, or she's had that pitiful stride since she was Caroline's age and fortunately has never seen photographic evidence of it. Undoubtedly her arms were glued to her sides, pumping furiously. I learned that this reindeer run took place in a parking lot, forcing my sister to literally run in circles for a mile, hot on the heels of several five year olds.
If only I could have witnessed the greatest spectacle in racing...
kindergarteners.
Of course, Caroline won.
Katie did not.










No comments:
Post a Comment