Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas and a Little Privacy...

Well, the response about privacy was overwhelming!
Snarf.
I have received about 18 emails, so I am just incredibly popular.
I actually knew everyone that emailed me, and it is lovely that I have some darling friends who like to read.  I plan on making this private very soon.  I hope to get it done before I go back to school on the 7th.
This is a date that will not be spoken of.

That being said, let's move on to a smorgasbord of Christmas fun.

We celebrated the holiday on Friday evening with my parents and Robeghan.
Genevieve really was not interested in anything that occurred.


She wore pajamas from Aunt Katie.



Mother's tree was up in all of its glory, and Katie was looking over all to make sure it was set.




On Saturday afternoon we were home to have our own celebration of 3, I mean 4.

The kitty was ready to party.

Santa totally fell through on his promise to bring Genevieve a neck.


I am really not sure how her head stays up.
It is like right on top of her shoulders.

We used our traditional champagne flutes that Pat and Eddie gave us for our engagement.

T took this shot of the 3 of us.
Trinity surprised me with St. Germain, since everyone drank the entire bottle I took home for Thanksgiving:)
He reminded me that it is insanely expensive (it's not, at $35), and I should drop the baby instead of the booze if I lost my balance.
He is so funny, you see.


Here I am presenting G with her own cell phone.



Trinity was telling her Santa was on the phone and that he was sorry he couldn't come through with a neck this year.


I got a new purse.
Trinity says I get a purse each year, and it is totally ridiculous.
It is.




We traversed south to Lexington for Christmas to see Trinity's parents and his Aunt Shirley.


Shirl came through with the most loved gift of 2012, a crinkly book that G threw around constantly and tried to eat.



Bumbo for upright sitting.
G has decided upright sitting royally sucks.
She would prefer to lay on her back as if sunbathing all day.

The best gift!


We missed Cousin Caroline, Aunt Katie and Uncle Chip this year for Christmas.
CeCe corralled the horses in Caroline's new stable.
10 bucks says she peed all over that thing.


Our little angel in the Christmas pageant.


Katie and I both played the Angel Gabriel in the Christmas story when we were in 2nd grade.
I was originally selected for the role of Mary, the blessed mother.  It went something like this...as it is as ingrained in my noggin as the donkey kick story.

My entire CCD class was gathered on the altar to receive our parts for the Christmas story.  Father Kent said, "Betsy, you shall be Mary."  My heart went pitter patter.  As a Catholic, Mary is pretty awesome.
I was so honored.
Then he waffled.  "Oh, no.  Betsy, your hair isn't dark enough.  Julie will be Mary."
Say, what?
My hair be too light to play the mother of Jesus?
That stinks as much as sitting in a Bumbo.


So, there I was, an angel.
I have never recovered.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: