Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Little Escape


We farmed our infant off for another couple of days with my parents.  We were set to be footloose and fancy free.  Instead, I got a lovely 24 hour stomach bug.
That was unfortunate timing.
Although as I wallowed in my bed, I was grateful not to be taking care of the Princess of Quite-A-Lot.

She was busy with YaYa and Bob.
She went to hang with Teri, Ken and their band of horses.
Clearly Genevieve looks good in John Deere Green.


She took kindly to this here horse.


She looks like a fuzzy white owlet here, ready to take flight.
You must agree.
I love when -let as a suffix means baby.
Piglet, owlet, that's all I've got.  I think foxlet sounds good, but they're called kits.


Mother took Genevieve to yoga.
Mom doesn't do 75 minute hot vinyasa where people are really intense, so bringing an infant is totally acceptable at her studio.
I may try this next week.
I envision just unrolling my mat, stretching and setting G in her bouncy seat next to me.  Surely no one would mind.


She went all gangster onesie style to see Annette.


My mom sent her home with new jammies, which Trinity is calling her amazing technicolor dreamcoat.
They're a little loud.
I'm surprised they haven't woken her up yet.


I really must stop holding my child by the crotch.

We dressed in all green a tad early for St. Patty's Day.


Have you ever?
Green flamenco pants?
Absolutely!





My Dad watched the IU game with Genevieve in her new cheerleading outfit.
She cried for 10 minutes after he scared the wits out of her when IU hit that last second shot.
He jumped up, screamed, and starting running hot laps around the living room.
This startled a baby.  

This was taken prior to the meltdown.


I explained to her that since she was wearing a 12 month outfit and she was 6 months old, she might not have a future in the leading of cheers.
Oh, now.
Before you go all, "don't make wisecracks about the size of your giant baby" on me, hear me out.

She has no future in the leading of cheers.
No genetic recipient of mine will likely have much success in athletics.  Or musical pursuits.
However, I see great promise in the highly sought after arenas of debate teaming, spell beeing and sticker collecting.

This is sad, since Katie and I once cheered for IU. 


These 30 year old gems still rock my dad's desk.

Which reminds me to tell you about the time Katie tried out for 7th grade cheerleading and didn't make it.  
Mom and I went to pick her up and she had to be led over to us by two cheerleaders running the tryouts because she had sprained her wrist.
Doing a round off.
A round off backhand spring?
Nope.
Just a round off.
As in, a running cartwheel.

The sprained wrist was the only thing that kept her from landing a spot on that squad.
Oh, who am I to judge?
I just do donkey kicks.

No comments: