We've been having a jolly old time in this fine month of December. Our main focus has been staying warm. My running habit has evaporated in the 20 degrees and below weather we've been having. My Chickfila habit, however, has heated up.
We took G for her first kids' meal at the Chick last Friday, and I posted this picture on Instagram:
My sister has some loyal friends, let me tell you. I was publicly chastised on social media for not patronizing Sista Katie's beloved McDonald's.
I had to clarify that it was G's first kids' meal at the Chick, and she had already indulged in a Filet O' Fish.
That quieted the masses.
The main reason we went was to let our little lady blow off some energy in the play land.
She had to charge up with the seasonal peppermint chocolate milkshake. I love these more than I can describe in writing.
So does my baby.
We about came to fisticuffs over that creamy blend of goodness. I made the mistake of giving her a taste, and before I knew it she was screaming and grabbing for more.
I was miffed because I really don't like to share desserts.
Or really share anything for that matter.
This daughter thing has taught me a bit about generosity. I shared my milkshake.
Then it was off the the toddler play area. We broke the rules and left Trinity's shoes on. She was the only child in there so he had to play with her.
On Sunday mother and I attended our 2nd annual Nordstrom Christmas party. The Saint Germain was flowing again. I was better and didn't get tipsy. I gorged myself on my beloved pink champagne cupcakes and discovered the hot chocolate bar right under the escalator. I swear those people know what they're doing.
Earlier this week I was hit smack in the face with the realization that my child will never be able to write her name.
Kashmir has not been featured lately.
She's old, cranky, and loathes Genevieve.
Almost 15 years old and I still can't handle how cute she is!
More holiday happenings to come.






No comments:
Post a Comment