Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 9, 2014

More Snow

Our horrendous weather continued this past week.  On Wednesday morning at 5:00 I received the call that school was cancelled.  That was day 7 of no school for the 2013-2014 school year.  Genevieve and I struggled quite a bit with entertaining ourselves.  We watched a lot of Sesame Street and G put this bib on GC and then removed it immediately about 50 times.  


Sounds relaxing, right?
It would have been had my little lady possessed the finger dexterity to accomplish that task solo.  Alas, it was I who was forced to do it 50 times as she flung her head back and screamed.  
Fun.

We braved school the remainder of the week and were excited to come home on Friday afternoon to a package in the mail.  
Papi and Abby sent some fancy Abby Cadabby shoes that light up when Genevieve walks.  Or runs.  She really only runs.


She was ecstatic.


We spent Friday evening in these until bedtime.  


After G went to sleep, I settled in for the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Trinity crashed my party when he heard the Russian National Anthem playing.  He thought I was watching Rocky VI.  I'm not kidding.  He was dismayed to discover I was watching a world wide sporting event that occurs only every 2 years.  Boo hiss.  He wanted to see Bridget Nielsen command the Russian to kill Rocky.  

My adorable husband agreed to attend a Valentine's Day yoga and massage workshop with me on Saturday.  Silly man.  He agreed  in a haze of momentary dementia.  He hates yoga.  I failed to mention until we were in the car that the class was 2 1/2 hours.  He nearly ran into a tree.

We put our names on our mats.  


I was once again reminded of how inflexible Sweet T is.  He can run 6 miles without batting an eyelash, but asking him to touch his toes is difficult.  Asking him to touch my toes is impossible.  It was partner yoga, so we had to lean on each other, and do poses that had us intertwined.  A lot of couples would kiss.  We snorted and blew sweaty yoga breath in each other's faces.  
The massage part was great.  I thought he enjoyed that.  He later told me that I pulled his hair too hard.
Geesh.


We skipped church due to excessive snow, and the fact that we are sinners.
We donned our lipstick pink wellies and hung out for a bit in the snow.



Our lady does not like the snow so much.  

She really didn't like it after she was forced on her back into the snow so her father could make a baby snow angel.  



She was peeved and kicked off her boots.  We quickly returned to our heated home.  I'm hoping to have a regular schedule this week.  


No comments: