Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 3, 2014

5 Nights with Abby and Papi


Last Thursday I drove down to Lexington to drop Genevieve off to stay with Eddie and Patsy.  I wish I had been aware of the major construction on 65 that had us sitting STILL for an hour.  Lucky for me, I had just turned G to face forward in her carseat and I had a whole season of Sesame Street on her iPad.  Crisis averted.  

When she awoke from her nap at Abby and Papi's house, she immediately visited with the ducks.  


Abby bought her a new raincoat, and she was all set for the rainy weather in Kentucky.  


There were popsicles consumed


and Genevieve took her first selfie.  


She had snacks on the couch with her own lumbar supportive pillow. 


They went shopping and G picked out a new dress for spring.  


She strolled.  


She met a very tiny UK fan who was more than excited about Kentucky's win over Louisville. 



On Monday Abby ventured out solo to take Genevieve to the Kentucky Horse Park.  She loved the horse show.  




Sweet Abby thought the grand finale would be for G to pet a horse.  


She forgot that eventually the petting would end.  And G would lose her mind.  
She flung herself on the ground and reverted to crawling.  


How embarrassing!
Abby let the fit run its course.
That is usually effective.
It was this time as well.  She finally got up, walked over and climbed in her stroller and went about her business.  

It was the only small moment of drama the entire trip.  She did great.  Abby and Papi did great.


They had a wonderful time.  
It was the longest that Trinity and I have been away from her, but it was so worth it.  
We all had memorable trips.  

No comments: