One of my spring break responsibilities was to take Genevieve to the pediatrician for her 18 month well baby visit. We went on Thursday, so she was way closer to 19 months at that point than 18. She was all smiles and claps in the car.
She started to recognize the place as we sat in the waiting room.
The wheels started to turn for a window escape.
And cue the tears!
As soon as she saw the nurse the crazy hysterics started.
Her dear YaYa snapped this picture. I admonished her when I turned around.
"But she just looks so cute!"
That was my mother's response.
She did look cute and the whole thing was over very quickly.
Our next stop was to Shelby for a haircut.
G fed her baby while waiting.
A mother's work is never done, even at the beauty salon.
No tears this time. She was focused on combing her hair.
And also YaYa's hair.
She had forgiven her already for that unfortunate photo session from earlier.
We concluded our lady day with a trip to Von Maur. Genevieve conned my mother into purchasing these shoes.
Yep, those are kitty shoes.
She refused to take them off.
G was rewarded with a Von Maur Princess sticker.
We couldn't have indulged that child more unless we had gotten an actual kitten that day.
I thought about it.
Then I remembered the temperamental teenager was brooding at home.
My mom brought her home after a week's vacation with my parents. The family is back together!





No comments:
Post a Comment