On Friday evening we departed for a fun 4 night mini vacation to Scottsdale, Arizona.
We were all smiles as we boarded the shuttle bus to the airport terminal. We arrived at our resort at 12:00 a.m. local time, which was 3:00 a.m. our time.
Holy Moly.
Naturally, we were all screwed up and were awake by 5:00 the next morning.
We were able to watch the beautiful sunrise in the desert.
I asked Trinity to take my picture, and of course he got these action shots as I skipped up to see that cactus.
We stayed at The Boulders Resort in Carefree, Arizona. It's a bit out in the boonies, and about 20 minutes from Scottsdale.
Our first morning we had breakfast on the patio next to the pool. We had granola, yogurt, berries and agave. Trinity also had kale juice. I was stunned.
We ate that same breakfast for 3 days in a row. It was divine.
We spent a lot of time lounging by the pool.
As its name suggests, the resort was surrounded by boulders.
There was a little path to climb up on our property.
The view was stunning and so was the weather.
I had many a cactus flower cocktail in the lounge one evening.
We hiked to Tom's Thumb on Sunday morning.
It was pretty rigorous, but then again I'm no hiker.
Trinity was in heaven.
By the end of the 2 1/2 hour ordeal, my thighs and rear were over it.
I also spent time in Arizona dressing like an Easter egg.
We had our own little casita. It was cute.
There were decisions to be made at Sprinkles.
On Monday morning Trinity hiked Camelback Mountain and I hiked Fashion Square Mall. We parted ways to enjoy a morning that suited each of us.
We visited Taliesin West, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's homes. T was appalled that the tour was A. 90 minutes long and B. $36 a person.
It was pretty remarkable.
We had a great time eating, hiking, shopping and sleeping without our sweet girl. She spent the trip with Abby and Papi and had every bit as much fun. I'll update with her adventures soon.






















No comments:
Post a Comment