Last Saturday we visited the Mallow Run Winery down in Bargersville for their winter concert series.
They had Craig and the Crawdads playing in honor of Mardi Gras.
G loves a party.
She was the only child in the joint, but it was so fun.
She started by sidling up to a group that was celebrating a birthday. The birthday girl was 82 and shared her cake with Genevieve.
She was also given some beads by the crowd.
I assure you she did not participate in any lewd activities to earn those beads.
Trinity and I shared a bottle of Riesling.
I love that stuff.
The singer put on a tin vest and played a spoon on it.
Genevieve was fascinated.
She was all like, "I played with spoons in Kindermusik!"
Yes, Genevieve, but you will never be the leader of the band.
I do love that song by Dan Fogelberg.
She was front and center the whole time dancing.
She also consumed King cake.
Cake, cake, cake.
I have no idea why she likes it so much!
We were cackling about the aftermath.
She looks hung over.
No wine was consumed by my baby.
Cake can do that to you.
I should know.
Our other big event this week was attending the Roncalli Fish Fry on Ash Wednesday.
G was all smiles at dinner with my friend Lane and her family.
Her smile dissolved into a full blown fit in the center aisle at church a mere 15 minutes later.
She almost made it to Father Steve ON THE ALTAR before I caught her and drug her out of church as she cried and wailed "I STAY IN BIG CHURCH, MOMMA!!!!!"
Uh, no.
The looks of pity on the fellow parishioners' faces as we bid a hasty retreat will forever be ingrained in my memory of motherhood.
No ashes for us on Ash Wednesday.
I think Jesus understands.








No comments:
Post a Comment