Well, I officially have a battle on my hands each morning with my precious daughter. She no longer wants to wear pants or shorts of any sort. She only wants dresses and skirts, but of course, she has particular ones that she will only wear.
My first full week at school went well. The honeymoon period is over, so they are now showing themselves to be quite chatty. I can handle that, as long as they are kind to each other. We just have to work on a little more self control with talking.
On Friday evening we met our friends, the Newtons, at the new LDS Temple in Carmel. It is the only temple in Indiana. It was fascinating to see and interesting to learn a bit about a different religion.
On Saturday we had Genevieve's orientation for her new dance career. She will be taking a toddler tap/ballet combination class once a week. Here she checked out her classroom, complete with mirrors and tiny little barres.
Then it was time to be fitted for shoes.
She was very patient.
Then she got to tapping like Mr. Bojangles.
Next up was the leotard.
We tried one on for size.
I want purple!!!!!
Yes, purple.
Yes, I still want purple.
And we have purchased purple.
It was not removed.
That's G, Copper, Todd and one foolish mother with a plastic bag full of $85 worth of dance attire.
Then we met princesses.
Her teacher, Katie, was quite lovely.
We took a sleigh ride with Anna,
and then ended the party with Elsa and a stop at Petunia, the Flying Cupcake truck.
We still have 3 weeks until her first class, so I'll be fighting a daily battle over wearing that lavender tutu.















No comments:
Post a Comment