Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back from a Long Hiatus!

My lack of writing is directly correlated to my school work load.  After 8 years out of the classroom, I feel like I'm 22 again trying to figure it all out.
Except this time I actually know how to teach, not like my 22 year old goofball self.  The grading, the planning, and managing my time are keeping me busy.  
So let's see.
We went to church.  



G liked her dress.


Last Sunday after her post mass nap, we went to a splash pad.  
She was just a little bit excited.  


I decided to join in the fun.  It was HOT.




Yesterday we left Genevieve at our house with Abby and Papi so we could have a fun little overnighter in Chicago to celebrate T's final year in his 30s.
Our first stop was to see my tiny bestie Kate and her precious baby, Eloise.
The happy family of 3.  
I love that Scott is like 15" taller than Kate.  


Check out that face.  


I fulfilled my obligation with a ridiculous gift in the form of a marabou feather headband.
So practical.  


She's like a tiny and fluffy pink baby bird!


Trinity held a 3 month old baby for the first time since, well, we had a 3 month old baby.  


I got my groove back too.
That feeling.
There's nothing like it.  


She typically prefers her mama, but she tolerated her mama's giant lady friend for short bits of time.  


We left that little bundle of sweetness and checked in at the Hotel Allegro, a new spot for us.

We had to shuffle around the bed to navigate the room, which is pretty typical in Chicago.    


Trinity liked the cucumber infused water and peach and pomegranate infused teas.  
His face here kills me.


After check in, we walked straight to Sprinkles.  I have eaten 3 cupcakes since yesterday at 4:00.
We got my favorite banana with dark chocolate icing, and then another banana with vanilla icing, a vanilla cupcake and a seasonal green tea cupcake with lavender buttercream icing.  That one was supposed to help me get me Zen on.  
Mission accomplished.
We picked up some birthday gifts for my main man at his mother ship, Patagonia.  


Then it was off to my own mother ship, TB.
T snapped this after we left laughing our tails off over the customers that were inside.
When we walked in I saw my beloved candle and this woman standing near me started in about candles.  She was a primo name dropper.  "My son's mother in law knew Tory's family when they lived in London, and I think she fashioned these candles after candles that you can buy in London."
So you sorta know Tory Burch?
Great.

On to the 2nd floor.  Now when you shop they offer you a beverage.  Trinity took a seat and immediately started chugging down water after his cupcake.  There was a crew that resembled folks at a Nascar race in the shoe department.  There were 4 men hanging all over this gorgeous velvet couch with Coronas in hand. The female shopper with them had a Corona in her hand as well, and I heard her say, "just keep those Coronas coming!"  It was like they were in their basement wearing Earnhardt flame resistant jumpsuits.  That poor salesgirl.  I think they probably went through a case of beer on those fools and she probably bought a pair of rubber flip flops.  

Back to uppity snootiness.  I then heard another woman say to a salesman, "I'm going to try on a bunch of clothes and I need you to get my daughter (about age 5) an iPad right now."
Well, clearly TB employees aim to please because that brat was soon playing games and her mother was in a dressing room trying on clothes in sizes that wouldn't fit her left calf.

Ah, it was quite the experience.
I bought nothing and left thanking the Lord that I don't work retail.  


We saw this creepy pink whale outside of Vineyard Vines.
I was even more dismayed that I was sort of dressed like the whale.  


We dined at The Hubbard Inn.
Ironically, I met Kate's husband there for the first time there when they were dating.


Trinity has better legs than I do.  



The next morning we visited the Garfield Park Conservatory.  It was about 10x the size of the one we have in Indy.  


This wall and fountain were so gorgeous!


Thank you to Abby and Papi for keeping our girl happy as can be!  

No comments: