Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2015

Beach week!

I have oodles of pictures from our recent trip to Florida, so I've broken it down into a few posts.  This one is all about our days at the beach!

YaYa and Bob were invited to the wedding of a dear family friend, Lauren.  She lives in Daytona Beach and her wedding was in Ormond Beach.  Instead of just going for a long weekend, they took me and Genevieve along for 6 nights in Florida!
Day one was bright and sunny.  G and I hit the beach in front of our hotel, The Shores Resort and Spa in Daytona.  
Mom and Dad were zooming around the Daytona 500 racetrack (in a bus) for Lauren's rehearsal dinner.  We were trying to get beach photos taken by someone who I now believe was inebriated.  




Let me fix your hair.


Dammit it, Mammoth Mother, get off of me!



We lived it up with room service.  Mostly because taking Genevieve to a restaurant by myself these days is not really in the cards.  Her behavior since turning 3 has been much less pleasant!


Night one was interesting.  I have a toddler who is about 39" tall, and yet I'm still putting her in a pack and play when we travel.  She's still in a crib at home, and I have no plans to end that game anytime soon.  She has never once tried to climb out of it, so she can remained contained until kindergarten.
However,  a Pack and Play is a bit snug.  She woke up several times and finally I put her in bed with me.  I was afraid she would fall out of bed, or remove my kidneys with her toes (unrelated), so I put pillows on the floor by the bed. 
At about 3 a.m. I heard a thump.  She hit the pillows, let out a yelp and then fell back asleep.  At about 5 a.m. I awoke to her voice crying and saying, "It's dark, Momma, I can't find you!"  
Well, I couldn't find her either.  She had rolled under my bed and wedged her foot and really was trapped.  Now that made for some panicking for both of us.  I managed to pull her out and the rest of the nights were spent in the cramped pack and play.  She told me she did not want to fall on the floor again.

On Day two I woke up and surveyed the gorgeous pool.  



I went to sunrise yoga on the beach and was getting my zen on.

Mom brought G down to walk on the beach and this happened.  


After yoga, we spent the rest of the day playing on the beach.  





YaYa and Bob got dolled up for Lauren's wedding and G didn't quite understand why she could not attend the party!  


We went back down to the pool for some kids' activities.  



Face painting and coloring books got us ready for dinner.  


After dinner we got a S'mores kit and then sh*t got real.
My child threw an absolute hissy fit in front of all of the people at the restaurant because I would not let her hold the sharp eye remover marshmallow stick.  

Here she is all excited.  


We were literally wrestling next to a fire pit for a sharp pointed stick.  We both came close to losing an eye and singeing off an eyebrow.  
Ah, parenthood.  
Meanwhile, a lovely union was taking place with no sharp objects in sight.  

The father of the bride toasting the new couple!  



Andrew flinging Lauren around.
That so happened at my wedding.  
Just kidding.
I don't think my husband could lift me.



Mom and dad reported a beautiful evening was had by all.  

We had another beach day where G applied sunscreen for us.  








My friend Tara comes to New Smyrna Beach on all of our breaks from school.  Her family is there.  She drove the 20 minutes with her daughter Lydia to play with us one day.  We had such a great time!  



No comments: