When we got back to Indiana, we had to visit the pumpkin patch. G loved the same orchard where I took my field trip.
Genevieve had her first dental appointment. She waved goodbye to me, took the hygienist's hand, and left me in the waiting room. It seems she is like me, and will love going to the dentist. Weird, but I adore going to the dentist. I love getting my teeth cleaned. I actually go 4x a year instead of two for cleanings. I so enjoy it and my mouth is a tartar factory, so it really is necessary.
Dr. Boyd congratulated G on her healthy teeth with zero cavities. It seems that my fastidious brushing and only milk and water rules paid off.
Woot!
With all of our spare time, we visited Uncle Robby, attorney at law. He has officially morphed into my father, deck shoes and all. Robby was just sworn in to practice law in Kentucky. He passed the bar over the summer. He can lawyer in two states.
Genevieve called both YaYa and Abby from Robby's desk phone. She is fascinated by real phones. Think Jane Fonda in 9 to 5. That movie is fabulous.
"I thought it was Skinny 'n Sweet!!!!!"
That may possibly be my favorite movie quote.
On Thursday I did what every normal woman in her mid 30s might do. I donned a pink wig to see the premiere of Jem. I was shocked by how many people didn't know about Jem and the Holograms, a ridiculous cartoon that I loved as a kid.
My bestie Marinda was more than familiar with the show. I purchased $7 pink wigs from Target and we were set!
The theatre was completely empty.
As in, we were the ONLY people there. The teenage ticket boy didn't even know that the movie was there, what it was, or why in the hell we seemed to think we were so cool.
We quickly turned ourselves from Jerrica to Jem!
The movie was utterly ridiculous and I can't believe someone actually made a terrible cartoon into an even more terrible movie.
Oh, well, we talked through the whole thing and had a blast with how amazing we looked.
We spent my final break weekend with Abby and Papi.
Abby and I spent Saturday putzing around and shopping, while G hung with the boys and watched football.
We had cupcakes!
G snuggled with Abby in her new pajamas. The grandmothers are good at random gifts for no reason!
This morning G sat outside in the crisp fall weather as we all had our coffee.
Back to business as usual starting tomorrow. It seems like ages since I've seen my firsties, so I'm ready for a fun week!














No comments:
Post a Comment