Christmas morning was most exciting for Lady G. Santa (me) delivered on the Rapunzel dress.
Caroline and Genevieve made out like fat cats!
My mother got an electronic piano, since her piano floated down the river with the flood of 2008. The cousins wore matching gold for Christmas dinner.
Let it be noted that I actually wore pants that buttoned on Christmas day for the first time in like 2 decades. I wore jeans!
We continued our tradition of Christmas crackers. Everyone had a crown.
YaYa and Bob with their best gals.
Caroline received that ridiculous pie face game. We all got a little crazy with whipped cream.
Uncle Kent was a bit uncertain.
Shazam!
Robby prays that he is able to maintain his perfectly groomed face and hair. He orders products from London. I'm not kidding.
Here's my hubby. He did not avoid the whip!
Cousin Scott was a real champ about it all.
Courtney, Allison, and Teri returned for more wine and fun. Courtney ran around the house with my child for about 20 minutes straight. Ever efficient, she was able to both bond with my clone AND finish up her 10,000 steps for the day.
We departed the next day to Pat and Eddie's for another Christmas with Aunt Shirley. Patsy had this beautiful tree.
G received a tricycle from Abby and Papi.
She rolled around on that thing a lot. We continued to eat a ton with them too. We had so much fun.
I convinced my husband to take me to see Star Wars. He hates to go to the theatre. We loaded up in my new car. I have crossed over to the dark side with a crossover SUV. I said I would never do it.
I did.
I took my Sugarfina Champagne gummy bears that I got from my parents. They know me well. They combine two things I adore, champagne and gummy foods.
We returned home to our house on Monday after 2 nights at my home and 2 nights with Trinity's parents.
I spread out all of my presents. I have always like to showcase my wares from Christmas. I remember taking all of my American Girl Samantha things up to my room on Christmas morning still in their boxes and just staring at them before I would break open any packaging. I'm still 9 years old that way.
I got a couple of candles, some devotional books ( I love Joyce Meyer and her pantsuits), a new calendar, shoes and some fabulous carnation pink pants. They are a color only I would wear. Pat and Eddie got me new pajamas. That sign is from my father. In reality, I actually openly correct grammar. As my friend Marinda would say, "this is why people don't like you, Bets." Truer words were never spoken!
Despite lack of photographic evidence, Aunt Cindi, Uncle Chip, Eddie, Patsy, and Shirley were all involved in the festivities. It was a wonderful Christmas!



















No comments:
Post a Comment