Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Surviving January


I loathe January.  Christmas is over and it's cold.  Resolutions, new beginnings, blah, blah, blah are not my thing.  I just always try to survive the month without having loungewear permanently tattooed to my body.  So far I have not been that successful.  We have had a few highlights, though!

We went to Family Day at the IMA and the theme was Dance! Dance! Dance!  Since we have a blossoming ballerina on our hands, we could not miss this opportunity.
My darling yogi Erin led kids yoga.  

They had ballerinas sitting for still life drawings.  



I proved that my art skills are identical to those from 3rd grade in Mrs. McNeal's art class.  I just need to add a name and frame.  That woman terrified me.  This drawing gives me the sads. It's just so bad.  It's a symbol of January angst.  


 G got her harping on.  That verb has a totally different meaning here.


 Trinity and Genevieve were master architects.  She definitely has more of a career either operating a wrecking ball crane or a bulldozer.  

G was invited to mermaid Lydia's birthday party.  We went to Target for a gift and this just seemed appropriate.


Another example of how strong my genes are.  This was a variation of pin the tail on the donkey.  Genevieve won by putting the sunglasses on Barbie.  


The precious birthday girl patiently watched my child open her prize for winning the game. 

She won lip gloss (thanks Tara) and Susan was a sport about being her model.  

Mostly this is how she behaved.  



She doesn't quite get the idea that not every party is for her.  

After  that we left her at home for Uncle Robby's birthday party. I look homeless.  I have no words. 
Robby chose Noah Grant's in Zionsville for his dinner.  


Mother finally got a portion of food that she could handle.  She has turned into her mother and exclaims each time that she is served food, "how am I supposed to eat all of this?"  



35 years young.
That means I have 5 more months until I'm 37.  Geesh.


This very dark picture shows Dad was there too.  You know he paid for it all.


We played in the snow.


For 10 minutes.  G had no gloves so she is wearing Trinity's socks on her hands.


She needed hot chocolate.


I have resorted to a sticker chart for my child in the mornings.  i made that in 2 seconds so all of my OCD readers can cringe at the mess.  I couldn't do any better if I had spent 20 minutes on it.  G gets stickers for putting on her clothes, shoes, and brushing her hair and teeth.  That means letting me do all of those things without trying to kick out one of my ovaries.   



We still go to dance once a week.  





She loves it.  I am tortured by how often she comes over to me in 45 minutes asking for a snack.  


No comments: