Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bed Bugs!!!!!

Not really.
After my long hiatus, I figured I had better grab some attention with a catchy title.
My puter was not allowing me to download photos.  It kept claiming some nonsense about being full because I have like 10,000 photos downloaded.  
I may start calling this thing Hal.  
I did nothing and then today it let me download 30 pictures.
So here I am.
Back to bed bugs.  A child in my gaggle of 26 babies did have bed bugs.  My first instinct was to climb up on one of the $5 IKEA stools that my babies sit in for guided reading groups.  Then I realized that I might be too hefty for such light Scandinavian hardware.  So I did the next best thing.  I screamed for Avery, our darling custodian.  He assured me that my room would be "disinfected" which in school terms means "We will spray your room with Lysol and vacuum."
He then handed me a roll of plastic trash bags and told me to bag it up.
My bestie Marinda found this to be hysterical.  She came out into the hallway to document this, as she is a part time photojournalist.
Now getting 26 six year olds who can sometimes struggle with zipping their pants to put their coats, hats, mittens and backpacks into a large plastic trash bag is much like herding cats.
Ironically, I led a herd of shorthairs and longhairs across the Rockies back in 2009 without losing one, so the kids were in good hands.  
Step 1:  hold the bag and DO NOT ENTER MY CLASSROOM UNTIL ALL IS BAGGED.
Step 2:  Open bag.
This was a challenge because this is even hard for me.

 Step 3:  Now stuff and twist

 Here is a shot of the nonsense in action.  

Now is there any scientific proof that generic plastic bags stifle the spread of mattress lovin' parasites?  Probably not.  
But I felt better.  
We survived!  
2 weeks later and no problems.
I pray that will continue!

Back at the ranch G has still been posing by our back door.  


We went for a nature walk in Robby's hood and G insisted we play hide and seek.  She found her uncle and father rather quickly.


G had her first play date with Kate.
Kate is her BFF from daycare.



We took them to a little boy's birthday party who is in their class.





Gus is too cute!



G became intoxicated on apple juice.  I never gave her juice and Kate kept heading to the cooler and getting more juice boxes for the two of them.  I pray this is not an early indication of their future high school antics!  




No comments: