Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day and Some Presidents

Sister Katie was in town last weekend for Tiny's baby shower.  Allison, Meghan and Trinity joined the 3 coolest siblings ever for dinner.  


February 10th was a major mail day.
Wellie sent some little heart cakes to show her love.


Abby and Papi sent the best card ever with toddler Disney princesses on it.  


Aunt Shirl sent a new outfit.  Our girl loves clothes.



YaYa and Bob bought this little swan sweater that was perfect for party day at school on Friday.  


My dear mother bought a hot glue gun and some tulle at Hobby Lobby and made these two 1st grade teachers super fashionable for their party.  I tied my heart scarf like an ascot because I really wanted to turn on the fanciness.  


On Saturday Abby and Papi arrived with more gifts.  


Cupcaking immediately commenced.  

Trinity and I are big spenders.  Actually Robby and Meghan are.  They went to stay at the swanky 21C Hotel in Louisville and eat at Proof on Main.  We went to stay at their casa in Carmel.  That's right, we left G with T's parents and spent a romantic evening in the lovely Northern suburb that is Carmel.  We went to see Hail, Caesar!  which I really enjoyed.  Then we had a super romantic dinner at Red Robin.  We ended the night in Robeghan's upstairs living room which is equipped with HBO, current issues of People magazine, and a tiny refrigerator that holds Blood Orange San Pelligrinos.  I was in heaven.  
The next morning we enjoyed an early breakfast at Cafe Patachou and then came home so Patsy and Eddie could get on the road to brave the winter storm that was coming.  


They were playing the Disney Princess Cupcake game and G cried when she saw us and told us to go away.  It's nice to be missed.  

I had the day off of school to celebrate the Day of Presidents.  I saw on the morning news that Conner Prairie was hosting all kinds of events for the holiday and encouraging children to come dressed as their favorite president.  

I delivered on that one.
Thanks to YaYa and Bob's recent trip with Caroline to Springfield, Illinois, I am the proud owner of a Lincoln hat and beard.  They are replicas, don't get too excited.  

This was G doing her best impression of the tall man before he gave The Gettysburg Address.  So stoic.  Bob took us to Gettysburg on a not so fun family vacation back in the mid 80s.  I memorized the address then.  Why?  Because that is what cool 3rd graders do.  Or at least ones who score in the 90th percentile on ISTEP.  Boom!  I was practically a child prodigy.  


Here she is impersonating Lincoln before NEVER.  Did he ever smile?  History does not show it.  



We met Mrs. Fillmore.  Her husband was kind of a forgettable president.  I didn't mention that.  I thought it might be construed as rude.  


Face in a Hole!


Here is G swirling her victory flag after she totally swept the costume contest.  I was shocked that there were hundreds of children there and only mine was in costume.  Again, you're welcome G for having such an awesome mother.  


Face in a Hole!
You didn't think I would take just one, did you?


I have bragged on my childhood intelligence substantially in this post.  I usually have to have some self-deprecating comment or photo.
I give you...


something to haunt you in your sleep.
Those bushy brows really do the trick.  I'm basically a man.  
Happy Birthday, George Washington.
I'm old Abe.  

No comments: