On Saturday we had to get up early so I could do my best Truvy Jones impression and paint/style my toddler for her recital rehearsal.
My ability to do my own hair and makeup is somewhat questionable.
I did my best.
G lined up to hit the stage with her fellow tip tappers!
Her hair may require a professional.
This profile shot shows my shoddy work.
This picture was taken seconds before the chorus line went down like a load of dominos.
My kid escaped the fray.
Not because she is graceful but rather she was not hanging on anyone else.
That rebel.
Those tap shoes on tile are lethal.
There were signs posted everywhere that said "Do not run in tap shoes. You will fall."
Correction:
"Don't move in tap shoes. Let your mother bubble wrap your feet so you don't break your neck."
G is the youngest in her class.
The older girls are 5.
Check out that mascara!
After her tap number we had to presto-chango for her ballet dance. I now know what backstage at Miss America must look like.
Minus the cleavage tape.
At this point I enlisted another mother to help with G's hair.
We had a slight wardrobe malfunction as these two cuties tangled up their tutus.
This photo below was taken right after G had a near breakdown on the stage. You see, Genevieve claimed someone else was standing on her house. She stands on a little pink house made of masking tape which is her mark on stage.
She couldn't find her house so she assumed someone was standing on it.
Uh, no, honey child.
You skipped right over your prime piece of real estate and you have no one to blame but yourself!
After a private tutorial with her teacher, she admitted that she missed her house and stopped blaming Brynley.
I will keep my fingers crossed that she remembers where that damn house is when the curtain goes up.
I may make a mock pink house and play John Mellencamp so we can practice finding little pink houses for you and me.
We left rehearsal and drove for an overnight with Sister Katie and Caroline. Chip, Robby, Trinity, and Steve were camping on Saturday night so we had a slumber party with just girls.
Bestie Nicole came over with Madelyn and Li'l Caroline.
YaYa was there.
She's in the background.
You know you see that white hair and red sweater.
I woke up early and snuggled with the world's largest dog. Frankie makes me feel like one of the Starks with my very own dire wolf. You know I love a good Game of Thrones reference. I would be Sansa because I truly loathe Arya, or should I say "the girl?"
Lame.
On Sunday morning I cranked up Holiday Road and we rolled Griswold style to Holiday World.
G loves a carousel.
Katie took this cute picture of the cousins.
All smiles.
Zoom in.
Now that is a very enthusiastic photo bomber.
What in the world?
Hysterical!
I rode some kiddie drop ride that scared me.
I screamed from fear.
Seriously.
I cannot ride anything!
We finished the day with lots of selfies.
Good times!

















No comments:
Post a Comment