Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

We  travelled south to Las Fagis on Friday.  Summer has officially started.  I packed up my classroom on Friday morning and we departed for Lake Norris around 3 p.m.
That drive is quite unfun, but it is well worth it. The lake is beautiful and it is so relaxing.  We went straight to bed upon arrival.  T opted to sleep solo while I received swift kicks to the kidneys on the hour whilst sharing a bed with my child.
The weather was nice and we went down to the deck on Saturday morning.  
Charlotte carried the snack bag, which Genevieve stuck close to most of the morning.  



Tim took us out on the pontoon boat.  G was a bit dismayed that it didn't go faster.  


Trinity and Genevieve did some floating.  



Charlotte was most helpful with Li'l G.  They wore matching life vests.  


Genevieve and Liam puzzled.  They also hugged.
A lot.
Lots of hugging.  



On Sunday we took the fast boat out on the water.  


I went tubing.  I developed a bit of a phobia from an early age.  My friend Gina once took me boating.  Her father liked to see if he could dump us in the drink.
Bellyflopping at 25 mph as an 8 year old wasn't really my scene.
Tim was much more cautious with G on board.
He topped off at 15 mph after much encouragement from G to go faster.  


I did the stand up paddle board a couple of times.
It takes a lot of balance.
I'm not sure I'll be signing up for any SUP yoga classes.  



G was completely pooped after boating and floating.
I can't remember the last time she fell asleep on my lap.


We had a lovely time with Robeghan, Tim, Jamie, and their trio of precious kiddos.  


No comments: