I have neglected my online scrapbook since school started. The days have flown by and I'm halfway through the first grading period!
Genevieve absolutely loves her teacher and her new school. We picked out a special Friday gift to send for her teacher.
Honestly, smelly Mr. Sketch markers are the only reason I'm still teaching. I sniff markers and it gets me through the day.
I figured that G's teacher has 20 4 year olds, so she needs smelly markers more than I do.
Ha!
We had our own Olympics at school last Friday. My munchkins are adorable again this year and I am so happy again to be in first grade.
Genevieve had her first soccer game last weekend. It was rainy and was a pretty underwhelming experience. She was in it to win it for the first 2 quarters of the game. Then she got tired, hungry, and hot and was over it. She stood along the sidelines and cried and generally embarrassed the hell out of me. The other embarrassment was my most laid back father. The man never uttered a word in years and years of what I'm sure was very frustrating athletic performances from his own children. Alas, the man is a regular Dick Vitale at his granddaughter's peewee soccer game. I'm talking constant commentary.
"Well, it looks like Genevieve's not too interested."
"That one over there is going the wrong way."
"This is going to be a long game…"
Oh, Dad.
My favorite part of the whole experience was the family in their chairs next to us. They were eating crackers out of the box and squeezing squeezy cheese on them as if it was their last meal. I thought they stopped making that squeeze stuff in the late 80s. Their child ran over at one point, stuffed a cheese cracker in his mouth, and then ran back on the field.
I giggled in silent judgement.
Then my kid lost her marbles.
Karma, people.
Speaking of judgement, the rhythm was gonna get me at our first dance class of the 2016-2017 season.
Thank you, Gloria Estefan.
G was reunited with Cordelia, her pal from last year.
That's Cordelia in the background, working on her chaine turns.
Her dad sometimes calls her Junior Mint.
She's a trip and a half.
I had to google chaine turns. It's French and I didn't imagine it was spelled shunay or Sinead, as in O'Connor.
She opted for a more mature leotard this year. No sequined tulle.
It really enhanced her silhouette.
Check out that profile!
Toddler tummy out.
She's constantly stuffing animals and such under her dresses and shirts to have a baby in her belly.
There is nothing under that leotard.
Just the apple she inhaled 10 minutes before class.
Karma got me again, people.
She was 15 minutes from the end of the class and came over and demanded a snack. Sweet Lord, you would think she had a tapeworm.
She snagged a box of raisins and sat down waiting for her turn to leap. The other little girls started demanding raisins and hopping around.
I felt like I was in one of those old California Raisins commercials where they sing and dance and generally look creepy.
The only person who I don't think was judging me was Junior Mint's mom.
She announced, "y'all should know, Genevieve is ALWAYS HUNGRY."
Yes, thank you.
Truer words were never spoken.
G's teacher posts pictures on Facebook on her private page.
G learned about sinking and floating during science last week.
I may have her teach me that lesson, as I still haven't mastered that concept. Buoyancy is a concept that eludes me.
I troll T's account, since I'm still boycotting FB in my own name.
Snarf!







No comments:
Post a Comment