Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Lordy Lordy Look Who's 40!

I think that cliched saying was everywhere in the 80s.  So it's only fitting that we celebrate someone who was not born in the 80s.  
Sweet Trinity turned 40 last Sunday.

On August 28, 1976 a little hairy baby entered the world in Memphis, Tennessee.  
They called him Trinity.
Trinity is still his name.

We celebrated my honey love with a family party at his parents' house.
Aunt Shirley was there, my siblings and their peeps, and my parents too.
It was a soiree.
Except you wouldn't know it, because I didn't take any pictures. 
His mother hosted a lovely party and we dined on Tennessee BBQ, T's favorite.  


I bought him a Yeti cooler that is roughly the size of my closet.  We will be exchanging that puppy for a smaller size.
He got some shirts, so he held them up proudly.  



His parents bought him a drone, so if my husband is dragged off and questioned by the Feds, it's not my fault.
Ha!
I couldn't help but chuckle thinking about how Trinity already reminds me of Phil Dunphy on Modern Family.
The episode with Phil and his drone was hysterical.  


Patsy was pretty clever with the cake.  


Genevieve loved this picture of Trinity as a four year old.  


He was quite a dapper fellow.
It is so funny that once you reach a certain age, it no longer seems old.  I will never forget my father's 40th birthday in 1988.  My mother sprayed our hair gray and we surprised him at his office.  My brother, sister, and I lured him into his boardroom and a man in an ape suit came in with balloons and cake.  I was 9 and I thought it was the coolest moment ever.  I remember all of the secretaries laughing. 
Dad is closing in on 70 now, which blows my mind.
Happy birthday, sweet T!  



No comments: