Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Genevieve's Big Day

Genevieve turned 4 on September 14th.  We celebrated her birthday with a special party on Saturday.  This was her first party with friends.  I was worried about how to entertain children, and I was not about to go to Chuck E. Cheese.  
I Googled Princess Party and reserved some Rapunzel action.  


She showed up and she did not disappoint!  


G was absolutely enthralled.  


She told her story, sang songs, and taught the girls how to dance.  


I decided to forgo Pinterest and really went nanners with some yellow crepe paper on my pillars.  I would have had those pillars removed by now if I thought my house wouldn't fall down.  


Rapunzel brought a trusty assistant who was well trained in glitter tattoos.  
She drew quite a crowd.  


Georgia was busy observing her surroundings.  





Aunt Katie and Caroline brought the fabulous braided crown for G to wear.  It didn't last too long since it was so heavy.  



Rapunzel had an amazing voice and kept the girls entertained for an hour and a half.  She helped G open her presents, cut the cake, and play games.  
I tried to ask her a little bit about herself and she told me that she had never been out of her tower.  She would not break character.
Robby called her a female Daniel Day Lewis.  




It was a magical day for our little girl.  


We decided to torture the staff at our local hibachi grill by bringing a party of 11 for dinner.  
Katie took the picture.
What a fine looking group.  



G ate her weight in edamame, her favorite.  


Our faces with the big fire were pretty ridiculous!
This truly showcases my blow holes.  


G had a sparkly pineapple for dessert.  We were all caked out by then.
Yes, you read that correctly.  



Abby and Papi stayed the night and G opened two books from Abby on Sunday morning.  Abby brought them back from her trip to England and Scotland.  


It was a delightful day!  

No comments: