Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 6, 2016

California Days 4 and 5

On Thursday my parents journeyed on to Northern California, and Genevieve and I spent the day relaxing at the pool.  We stayed all week at the Residence Inn next to the convention center.  Not exactly my pick, but it was a great location for both the parks and T's business.  It was also great to have a separate kitchen and living room.  G fell asleep most nights by 7, so T and I retreated to the living room for at least another hour. 
I was out by 8 local time after all of that walking!
They had a rooftop pool and splash pad.   

G got a cramp from swimming laps and had to eat a banana.
Snarf.



The three of us went out to dinner at Roy's.  It is a chain restaurant, but the ambience was fun and they catered big time to my ants in her pants child!  
Our waiter's name was Jesus, of course pronounced the Spanish way, but he lived up to his namesake.
He was beyond kind and patient with Sassafras.


She had pineapple upside cake, which was amazing.  My child is obsessed with pineapple.  

She also enjoys taking pictures now.



Friday was our last full day, and Trinity was done with the conference.  
We called a car service to move us to the Grand Californian for our final night.  
Staying on property is really the way to go.

It was so convenient.  The hotel had tiny rocking chairs and played classic Disney cartoons.  
We left our bags at the front desk and were able to get in early as guests before the Magic Kingdom officially opened.  

My child actually loved Pirates of the Caribbean.  I remember thinking that ride was scary, because I thought it was scary when I went on it with her!  


We hit up some attractions that we didn't get to do with Mom and Dad like the Jungle Cruise and the Enchanted Tiki Room.  There was also a fairly short line for Dole Whip, and Trinity had never experienced that excellent fluff.
Genevieve was a fan. 



She ate the whole thing.  


We skipped over to California Adventure and used our final Bibbidi Bobbidi torture tickets to jump the line for Radiator Springs.  
You can see G's excitement here-


my child is going to be a rule breaking wild woman.
I just know it.  

We waited in line for something else, and G captured the essence of her parents.




I got nostrils 'n knees, people.
Nostrils 'n knees!
I should patent that phrase to describe my look!


We ended our day on the Soaring ride, which was my favorite of the whole trip.  We were soaked on the Grizzly River Run ride and dried off whilst eating toddler hot dogs.

We were exhausted and dunzo by 6:30.

We were snuggled in bed by 7:30.  


I brought a snack. 


That was a chocolate and M&M covered rice krispy treat on a stick.
It was excellent.
Duh.
We slept amazingly well on the super comfy bed.

We had an early flight out on Saturday morning.
To our dismay, we discovered our bag was 30 pounds overweight.  
Oh, for shame.

I have no idea how this happened, because we (Mom and Dad) bought the Elena dress and I bought a blouse.  Yes, I still use the word blouse.
It's a dying word.
Alas, the kind Frontier airlines lady brought us a box and we shoved 30lbs worth of stuff in it.  Genevieve wrote her name on it.
Then we were off back to Indiana.
It was a wonderful trip!


No comments: