Betsy

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Day 2: California Adventure

 We were up early for day 2 at California Adventure.  I loved that park!  
Genevieve spied Daisy as soon as we walked through the gates.
In true YaYa fashion, my mother bulldozed her way through the crowd to be first in line for a photo.
I've learned that not many people mess with a 6 footer with silver hair.  


We used our first fast pass to ride Radiator Springs in Cars Land.  This was by far my favorite ride.
It was so cute and so fun!  It reminded me of drag racing down Wabash Avenue in high school:)  

You can see the people racing behind us.
We rode this three times during our visit.  

Yes, I'm wearing leggings as pants.
That's  a big no no.
I'm also wearing Minnie ears, so there's that.
Fashion at its finest. 

Next up we rode in dancing Luigi cars. 



We went nonstop all morning in Cars Land.
We moved on at a slower pace with Doc McStuffins.



Mother normally eats like a bird.
On this trip she ate like a bird whose food was stolen by a kid.

We saw Mickey!  


Mother and I used our razor sharp elbows to uppercut others.
Ha!  

California Adventure had a sneak preview for Disney's new film, Moana.
It looked so cute.
Anything with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in it is clearly an Oscar contender.  


At that point Bob bailed and returned to the hotel for a nap.  The girls soldiered on.
The Bug's Life rides were all geared for G's age group.

This was Heimlich's Chew Chew Train.
Disney likes a pun as much as I do.
It topped out at about .25 mph.

Mother took this picture of us and I recall thinking about what a great photographer she is.
In horrified fascination, I watched her zooming in on the family behind us.
As we got off the ride she was like, "I got a great picture of you all!  I'll text it to you!  What's your number?"
Oh, mother.
She has never known a stranger but this era of social media and texting has elevated her friend making game.

Where's G?
Just lounging around. 


She's a natural in front of the camera.
Mom staked out this primo parade viewing spot.



At this point Bob had rejoined our party, but not the wanting to be in a picture part of the party. 
Mom and I started on vino.

G and I were with my parents in Disneyland for two days.  We had one full day with Trinity at the end of the week.  

I found it interesting that people plan lots of dining reservations.  I owned those two parks by fueling up on Dasani water and churros. I also ate at least two toddler meals.  
Those are for ages 4 and under, but no one checked my ID.

True story.
More to come!  

No comments: