An amazing unicorn was ready to hunt for treats on Halloween. I scored this number for $4 at Sister Katie's neighborhood garage sale. She looked a bit like Rainbow Brite.
Trinity took her around the neighborhood while I held down the fort. I graded papers while waiting for children to arrive. They were gone for a little over an hour, and in that time I graded 4 class sets of 25 tests, greeted 3 rounds of Trick or Treaters, and consumed no less than 17 mini "fun size" Hershey and/or Reese's candy bars.
She had a great time until she returned home to discover that I was giving candy to other children. She then lost her mind and threw herself on the kitchen floor for a 10 minute tantrum that resulted in "going to her room" time. Good times!
On Friday of that week, Trinity and I had our first parent-teacher conference with Genevieve's preschool teacher. I was nervous that she was going to tell me my kid was the annoying one who never stops talking. Thankfully, she did not. G has made a lot of progress with her self control since school started in July. She received a glowing report and I was quite proud.
We celebrated by taking her (us) out for margaritas and milk.
It was a gorgeous day in Indy so we went to Bakersfield and gorged on chips and queso.
They have the best margaritas.
We toasted our 4 year old's academic achievements with milk and tequila.
We spent all day Saturday and that night at Abby and Papi's. G hung with the boys and Caroline while Pat and I went to all of the Christmas open houses with my sister.
We were too busy shopping to get pictures.
Caroline and G caught fish in Abby's pond.
Caroline caught them.
G clapped.
On Sunday we headed home for a Matilda Jane event.
Go ahead and laugh.
I have lost my mind.
My MJ lady hosted an event at a local salon. She had the clothes there, and the girls could pick out an outfit, have their hair and nails done, and get pictures with a photographer.
I was hoping for a cute shot for my Christmas card, and one that did not include my face.
After being bibbidi bobbidi booed, my kid was a pro.
She sat perfectly still while I called local pageant officials and the John Casablancas modeling agency.
I cooed and practiced her routine with her.
Then this happened...
she proved once and for all that my hopes of being a child model's mother were all for nothing.
She had the photogenic prowess of a frightening Old Navy mannequin.
It was bad.
Like, I was embarrassed.
Her face morphed continuously from a fake cheerleader grin to a laxative commercial grimace.
Somewhere in between those two she often settled on a Betty Boop style lip pursing pout.
It was bizarre.
I had to look away.
We wrapped up the event by eating some seriously darling cookies.
While she ate her cookie she magically transformed her attitude/face back to her usual cute self.
I cannot wait to see the pictures.











No comments:
Post a Comment