This Saturday was a very special one for the girls. Mother took them to a Princess Tea at The Cake Bakeshop.
It was a very small event with about 10 little girls in attendance.
I was the biggest girl there, aside from my equally ginormous mother.
We were served hot chocolate and chocolate chip scones as soon as we were seated.
I was pleased.
I do love chocolate.
We had place cards with our names on them, preceded by "Princess."
It was ridiculous.
They were thrilled.
After we dined on scones, Cinderella arrived.
She read a story, and sang some songs.
This Cinderella did not come from the same Fairy Tale Forest as our precious Rapunzel from G's birthday.
This one was sweet, but looked like she might have been on a bender the night before.
I must agree.
G was clutching the autographed picture that she received from Cindy.
She was lovely, kind, and G was completed enthralled with her performance.
After those activities, we got down to the business of cookie decorating.
Genevieve was serious.
She squeezed out enough buttercream to decorate an elopement cake.
I like icing, but gross.
Caroline was a bit more dignified throughout the experience. She did not go nanners with the cookie pearls, and tried to be patient when Genevieve's sing along with Cinderella sounded more like a bad karaoke audition.
Cinderella's voice was pretty, if you could hear it over my daughter screeching, " a dream is a wish your heart makes..."
All of us received a dusting of magical and edible shimmer dust.
I wore the tar out of some MAC shimmer eyeshadow at IU.
Thankfully, I shimmer, not glitter, these days.
I also swirl out a decent B in buttercream.
It was a beautiful and memorable morning, for sure.
We met Robeghan and Li'l Robby for lunch.
He fell asleep right in the middle of lunch.
He is insanely cute and sweet.


No comments:
Post a Comment